GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the owner of offroad unlimited in West Houston and I might be working for them as a summer job :rocking: . Its not for sure but looks promising. I will probably be doing small jobs, cleaning up, running for parts etc.. but its the experiance that I will gain that counts. Not to mention a 4x4 shop with tons of tools, experise etc... right at hand at the same time Im doing my SFA!

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
That sounds like it will come in handy while your doing SFA swap.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Thats great.. Im sure you will enjoy that job.

If I ever leave the place I am at now, I will eather try to get a job at a Local 4x4 shop or maby even start my own, kinda like Tenn4x4 on the other site.

Congratz

BD

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Damn man, sounds good. I would love to work at a 4x4 shop sometime. And yes, I bet it will help out in completing that SFA sawp...now if you could just get the 79 Ford D60

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
As dirty as you are in the pics of of the various members you have helped out I would say you are already learning... But to have the tools handy will be the best thing...

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just learned tonite that a 40k lb strap aint near enough.... Also its hard to go foward when your tires are under the mud.... Im talking COMPLETLY

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I just learned tonite that a 40k lb strap aint near enough.... Also its hard to go foward when your tires are under the mud.... Im talking COMPLETLY

Ever use a old tire to help get you out?

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Where are the pics?

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I talked to the owner of offroad unlimited in West Houston and I might be working for them as a summer job :rocking: . Its not for sure but looks promising. I will probably be doing small jobs, cleaning up, running for parts etc.. but its the experiance that I will gain that counts. Not to mention a 4x4 shop with tons of tools, experise etc... right at hand at the same time Im doing my SFA!
Is that place still in business? I have called them at least 100 times over the last 2 years and I never get an answer.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah they are. Guess they changed phone s or something. The lady (owner) really knew her shit well. I talked to her about my sfa swap and she was able to tell me by memory the torque specs and shit for the pinion bearing in the 79 d60. They were right also, I had just looked at the #s the night before.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts