GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck was dirty so I hosed it off was AMAZED that there was still some wax there. Last wax I used was some Migliore Primo about 5 months ago. Anyways...some pics

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest001.jpg

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest002.jpg

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest003.jpg

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest004.jpg

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest005.jpg

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest006.jpg

After a wash. Didn't even add any more wax or anything. Just soap and water.

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest007.jpg

MigliorePrimo5MonthTest008.jpg

Tis all. I'm VERY impressed it has lasted this long and not only that, but still has a look like I just waxed the truck.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
yeah thats how mine always is but I still end up waxing it.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using Natty's or Mequiars I NEVER got that shine out of Silver Birch over a 5 month span.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Yeah I wouldnt know since I never wait 5 months. I been wanting to pick some of that.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should :read:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Thats pretty cool. I just got done washing and waxing mine but I still need to put wheel sealent and armor all the fender wheels and other little stuff.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Thats pretty cool. I just got done washing and waxing mine but I still need to put wheel sealent and armor all the fender wheels and other little stuff.
why dont you do it all at once?

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
why dont you do it all at once?
I have been riding with my mom to work so I just have been putting finishing touches on it here and there since its in the garage. If I needed it done in a day it would have been but I have had nothing but time seeing that i'm not driving it right now. So I just took my time.:shrug:

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
I have been riding with my mom to work so I just have been putting finishing touches on it here and there since its in the garage. If I needed it done in a day it would have been but I have had nothing but time seeing that i'm not driving it right now. So I just took my time.:shrug:
i see i see. I wsh my truck fit in the garage. I washed and waxed my truck on friday, and its already dirty cuz I was driving through a dirt road.:biggun:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
i see i see. I wsh my truck fit in the garage. I washed and waxed my truck on friday, and its already dirty cuz I was driving through a dirt road.:biggun:
This is the only time that I have had my truck in their garage and it barley fits because we have cabnets against the wall and shit. My truck is outside most of the time so I need to find a good cover.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,533 Posts
I would assume your results are dependent on your environment. San Jose, California is by no means comparable to Central Florida or Upstate New York. For areas of the country that sees a lot of rain, or where the truck is washed weekly - the wax typically degrades mush faster from my experience.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
I would assume your results are dependent on your environment. San Jose, California is by no means comparable to Central Florida or Upstate New York. For areas of the country that sees a lot of rain, or where the truck is washed weekly - the wax typically degrades mush faster from my experience.
There's a ton of variables that come into play. Shampoo, are you using a QD, color, etc. If you washing your truck is really "degrading" your wax then I think you should look at a new shampoo or wash method.

The UV radiation causes the wax or sealant to break down over time. If his truck was a darker color like yours then its going to attract more sun/heat/UV rays. The higher the tempurature the faster the RATE of evaporation, and since darker colors absorb heat and do not transmit or reflect the heat that is in sunlight, the black cars tend to retain the higher temps meaning the wax "sweats" alot and the wax evaporates.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Environment does play on longevity IMO. However, last I read, you were using Natty's? The longest I could get Natty's to last was 2-3 months at most.

There's a ton of variables that come into play. Shampoo, are you using a QD, color, etc. If you washing your truck is really "degrading" your wax then I think you should look at a new shampoo or wash method.

The UV radiation causes the wax or sealant to break down over time. If his truck was a darker color like yours then its going to attract more sun/heat/UV rays. The higher the tempurature the faster the RATE of evaporation, and since darker colors absorb heat and do not transmit or reflect the heat that is in sunlight, the black cars tend to retain the higher temps meaning the wax "sweats" alot and the wax evaporates.
Very informative.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
what about swirl marks?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
:worship::worship:

I've noticed incredible durability compared to other 'nubas as well.

·
GM FREAK
69 Posts
I need to pick up some Miligore....
I have a jar of it that I used once on my hood only. Personally I didnt like it. By the way its the fruita. I paid 50 bucks plus shipping, if you want it you can get it for 25 plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts