GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it two days later i turned it from blue to brown, i got it as is with 33in tire's, vortec 8.1L, lots of pull, lots of fuel. i plan on giveing it a 6in suspension with 38/12.5 tires. Please let me know what you would doi need some idea's :cheers:

Attachments

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
That is a very nice truck, i'd love a 4x4 HD :drool: The suspension lift on 38's sounds like a great idea to me. I'd also smooth and paint all the textured plastic to match the body, debadge it, and put a nice stereo in. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a stereo system is a must as soon as i can, iam puttin one in. as for the body i think i might just pull off the chrome stripping on the side and make it all smooth, and shave the door handles. i want to put the remote start and alarm on as well. for the motor i think ill put a preformance chip in, headers and flows out the back. the windows are being blacked out first, i like the dark.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
:word: to Dark. I really don't see 38s fittin under there with only 6 inches without cutouts or a body lift. Really nice truck you got tho.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iam not sure what transmission it has ive only had it about two weeks now, as for the gas milage i get about 230 miles a tank and it takes about $40 to fill it from about an 1/8 tank so not to good in that feild. as for looks i want it to look nice but preform very well offroad. you guys dont think ill get 38's under it? it's stock hieght with 33's already. maybe ill just go with a set of 36's.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Your prolly getting around 12 or less MPG, that tank holds 26 gallons.
You can do 36"s on a 6" I bet but some of the other guys can tell you for sure.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
it all depends what rim your going to put the tires on. If its a wider rim than 36x14.50s will rub as well, if its only an 8" or so you might get away with it.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I ment rim width. Hes doing a 6" lift. Ive seen the fabtech with 37x12.5s on a 10" wide rims and it had to be trimmed a good amount. This leads me to think that a 36x14.50 wont fit on a 10" rim with a 6" lift for sure, and lots of trimming to make it fot on a 8" wide.

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
we all know its an 8.1L.....thats a 502ci, of course its gonna use lotsa gas lol. anyway....id say that combo sounds good.......but you may need to regear the axles depending on what gears you have now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
where can i get a heavy duty push bar that i can mount a winch on? i dont want any of these pussy grille gaurds i want something to where if i run into the back of you nothen happens to me but you get f----- up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts