GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our good friend Dr. Cracker has a problem. He's beaten his poor rig into complete submission, save for the Passlock. As a result it's time for some building.

The rig in question (notice anything familiar on the back?):

101_0033.jpg

The Plan:

-Jason's old trusty Ford 79 D60, loaded with 5.13's, Superiors, CTM's and ARB
-Double ended hydraulic steering using a Surplus Center ram, POS pump, TBD cooler and reservoir
-Triangulated 4 link using Solidworks designed frame brackets CNC cut and broken
-The front will be sprung on a set of Sway-A-Way 18x2.5 reservoir coilovers and a pair of 2.0 fox bump stops
-Lowers will be 2.25" .375 wall and uppers will be 2" .250 wall 1020 DOM
-Axle side will use JMX16T 1-1/4" FK rod ends and the frame side will be using Ballistics 3.0 joints, V1.0
-Tires will be Jason's old 44" TSL's

In order to do this last weekend a small contingent of NCOR(or NCBD depending on how it pans out:crazy: ) went out to Geoff's parents property and retrieved his beleaguered Mildred and returned it to Pacific Fabrication where the work will be occurring.

101_0034.jpg

The green one right? Oh no? Not that one?

Oh this one.

101_0035.jpg

Updates to come.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
I was going to bump his thread and see what he has been up to. The bumper and the bed are yours right :crazy: I take it the historic hubs will be returned to Geoff for a kick-ass paperweight :bowtie:

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Are the lowers being recycled from something else? If not, why no HT4130 lowers?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Subscribed :popcorn: This is gonna be good!

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
Nice, another build to watch..still wishing I were closer to you guys, that thing just fits on your traile..what brand/size is it?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Mildred i cannot belive it. I'm ready for her return. Then she can wheel Arkansas with the Cajuns lol

it seems y'all have a plan and now it's just time that needs to make it happen. Keep the thread bumped.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
yea buddy

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
I was starting to wonder if Geoff was still into trucks...

·
Ultimate IFS Pirate
1,907 Posts
I would like to thank Kyle, Nate, Jason, and of course Kevin and Jen :shake: Then there's the Payne's and my accepting (tolerant) wife.

I was starting to wonder if Geoff was still into trucks...
Hey now. I'm forking busy trying to keep my head above water out here. Residency isn't just rainbows and unicorns. :tongue:

And I'm on call tonight. Yawn. :rolleyes:

And damn those pictures make me miss home this time of year. :whyme:

It was 72* here yesterday and today it's actively snowing and they're predicting >8" of snow.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
I would like to thank Kyle, Nate, Jason, and of course Kevin and Jen :shake: Then there's the Payne's and my accepting (tolerant) wife.

Hey now. I'm forking busy trying to keep my head above water out here. Residency isn't just rainbows and unicorns. :tongue:

It was 72* here yesterday and today it's actively snowing and they're predicting >8" of snow.
Oof! Residency. My hat is off to you. That is the biggest reason I didn't want to be a Doc. It takes soooooo long, and lots of $$$. IMO it takes a VERY professionally patient person to do what you are doing. Good luck Sir.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
hell yes! Cant wait to see this build happen. Dont mean to put any pressure on you, but Brian's build is at 3 months and counting, think you can top that??

:jester:

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, another build to watch..still wishing I were closer to you guys, that thing just fits on your traile..what brand/size is it?
It's actually not my trailer, it's Kevin's. It's an 18ft 14k lb Carson I believe. Mine's 20ft for the reason you mentioned.

Well hurry up and come back!

hell yes! Cant wait to see this build happen. Dont mean to put any pressure on you, but Brian's build is at 3 months and counting, think you can top that??

:jester:
If I do, Geoff would be pissed.

It's going back with him to Missouri when he heads back after his month long vacation to CA in May.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
But there is Unicorns right? Catch one. We can make some serious money.
BTW I just want to say. I got a solid axle before you. Neenerneener:ninja:

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
If I do, Geoff would be pissed.

It's going back with him to Missouri when he heads back after his month long vacation to CA in May.

yea waiting 4 months is more than a man should have to take :rofljest:

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
awesome. can't wait to see this thing. are you more or less copying kyles 4 link? reading through the plan was like deja vu of reading kyles thread :crazy:

1 - 20 of 312 Posts