GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1999 NBS rcsb and want mirrors that have turn signals in the mirror and i was woundering which ones i would need. the mirrors i have now are just power, not heated or power folding. which ones would i need? i want them to have the chrome caps on them. thanks guys

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you have power windows and locks, then your switch on the doors are already wired for them. There should be two female connections on the switch for mirrors, one says blue (which is for the mirror movement itself) and the other should say black (which is for the signals). There is another port on the switch that should say green, not sure what this is for. Anyway this is how it is in my '04. I just added tows with signals and did not have signals before, but had power mirrors. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have power windows and locks, then your switch on the doors are already wired for them. There should be two female connections on the switch for mirrors, one says blue (which is for the mirror movement itself) and the other should say black (which is for the signals). There is another port on the switch that should say green, not sure what this is for. Anyway this is how it is in my '04. I just added tows with signals and did not have signals before, but had power mirrors. Hope this helps.
thank you this helped. Were your tows just plug and play?

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
can i make mirrors that are meant for a newer year like 03 or newer work on mine or are they different?
not sure. mine are for an '05 and I have an '04. I think something changed with the mirrors in '03, but not sure.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want the ones with turn signals and are electric, NOT power folding. I want the entire mirror not just the glass I just can't find any. If you find some that would be greatly appriciated. The mirrors I have now have the chrome shell on it (which I want to get with new mirrors) and it is powered, not power folding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts