GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Asshole
11,060 Posts
I can't take my new ones apart :bawl:

Power Fold Motor Complexity :(
Anything can come apart.:read: Just depends on how bad you want them back together in working condition.:crazy:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I can't take my new ones apart :bawl:

Power Fold Motor Complexity :(
I have the power folding mirrors too, does this mean they're not the same as the ones pictured?

I probably wouldn't ever paint the whole mirror, but I'll get painted mirror caps in the future

-John

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
I have the power folding mirrors too, does this mean they're not the same as the ones pictured?

I probably wouldn't ever paint the whole mirror, but I'll get painted mirror caps in the future

-John
The caps are cake, just take a vinyl pry tool, lift up the edge and slowly pull off. They're held on by doublesided gray 3M tape and 4 clips. The clips WILL break, but thats ok. They're only there to quickly align and hold the cap on while the adhesive tape sets - to speed up production at the factory... they just slap'em on.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
The caps are cake, just take a vinyl pry tool, lift up the edge and slowly pull off. They're held on by doublesided gray 3M tape and 4 clips. The clips WILL break, but thats ok. They're only there to quickly align and hold the cap on while the adhesive tape sets - to speed up production at the factory... they just slap'em on.
thanks for the heads up on them breaking

-John

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I used my fingers to pry my caps off and didnt break the clips at all?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts