GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a hobbie I build xbox's and sell them to my friends. Well you guys are like my friends so I have decided to post a little something here.

1 xbox with av cable, power cable, and s controller
1 mod chip
1 hard drive upgrade 160gb from a 8gb drive.
all brand new software with latest versions, hddloader (copy that rented xbox game to your hard drive), xbftp, dvd2xbox (copy xbox game or dvd movie to your hard drive), xpad, linksboks (xbox webbrowser), emulators and games (mame, nester, stellax, gbax, and so on), 1300 roms included (games), Xbox Media Center (to view movies, divx, xvid, ac3, wma, mp3's, pictures, weather), over 200 xbox menu skins, 20 homebrew games (ported over games for xbox, quake, quake2, doom1, doom2), approximatly 40-50 xbox games included, from sports to whatever your interested in.

450$ plus shipping. or pickup in bay area.

if you want the above with a 250gb hard drive and 60+ games the price is 600$ or 650 for the limited edition halo xbox.

Turn around time is typicaly 2-3 days per unit. as transfering games does take some time. any above xbox with only 10 xbox games -$50.

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey automotive...i have an xbox now and was wondering who did your modding....cause i want to mod mine....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
hey automotive...i have an xbox now and was wondering who did your modding....cause i want to mod mine....
yeah Me too

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
Check here , I've heard good things about the Xecuter LITE series .. haven't been tempted to do mine yet.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
mine is modded... i had a computer geek friend do it. I love it :rocking:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Modding your XBOX is perfectly legal. Copying games that you own to the hard drive is legal. Copying games you rented or borrowed from friends is not legal.

So like anything go with the flow. If you already have an xbox and are in the south bay area send me a pm I got a guy who does good work putting chips in. for a xbox mod, chip, and bigger hard drive install his service fee is 90$. Just bring your xbox, and a new hard drive.

Plus if your in the southbay area we have weekly HALO/project gotham racing 2 games with 10-18 people.

A modded xbox will allow you to play any sort of downloaded dvd rip, or allow you to copy a full dvd to its hard drive. Mp3's games, eumlator games like nintendo, n64, super nintendo, sega genisis, neogeo, and so forth...even old arcade games like digdug, centipede, and many more.

that excuter lite chip is ok, but I use aladdin because i like its re-flashing ability more and its more stable.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
hey bro, sounds kinda interesting i havent heard of this. if i brought you my "stock" :LOL: xbox, how much to have all this work done?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
60$ for chip and modding, 40$ for upgraded Hard drive install. 90$ if you get them both together.

This is service only, no parts other than the chip are included. I personaly have a 250gb xbox with over 60 games on it. plus some movies. The xbox plays just about everything out there, mp3's, dvix, xvid, ac3 everything.

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey automotive where is the best place to get a hard drive like yours cause i want to do that....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got a Maxtor 120GB in my XBOX and I'm dying to swap in a 250. I've been burning most of the games we get and only loading up the kids' games so they don't have to swap discs when they want to play something else ... which happens every 10 minutes. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts