GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finially i got the damn holes drilled and the bracket put on for my air commander (here's my tip use a air grinder becuz its small and can fit easily just takes a little longer to drill the holes)

i remember now that people have just pulled off the comp. cover and rolled like that

mine is coming pretty close to hitting even with the cover off (maybe .25" or so) can yall post up some pics of yours (close ups down by the comp would be cool)

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Mine has been off for a year and a half with no problems.

Aren't you gonna have to move that shit to lay 22's anyway?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe? i dont know im letting a shop do that since i have no experiance with cutting on firewall's and relocating shit

i guess i just wanted to see if anyone had any problems with leaving it uncovered like that im also getting the shop to do some inner fenders so water wont splash up there too much

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Ya, they're going to have to move it for sure, so I would just take the cover off and roll until you get the shop to lay it out. :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm i guess my battery is going to have to move becuase i dont see how all this is gonna fit

the air commander takes up the space people normally relocate the fuse box too

i've been looking for some underhood pics of someone with a E.D. and 22's laying out but havent found any decent ones

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
I know Down-n-Dirty Kustomz laid a NBS Chevy out on 22's with an engine driven, they did a really nice job too. Laid on 22's, engine driven, KP "canti", bodydropped bed 6", etc.

That shop closed up though. You might be able to contact the owner on Sportruck.com. I haven't seen him post in awhile, but you can try PMing him to see if he has underhood pics. His username is BigMike363. :bowtie:

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
ya, battery, and computer have to relocate MINIMUM along with a list of other things I can't come up with off the top of my head. Layin on 22's ain't no joke, there is a LOT of custom shit invovled. I would talk to Brian about what all he is planning in order to lay out the front.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
and good lord someone put some damn escy handles on that truck! all that work and then they have the fuckin textured black handles :nono:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
I know Down-n-Dirty Kustomz laid a NBS Chevy out on 22's with an engine driven, they did a really nice job too. Laid on 22's, engine driven, KP "canti", bodydropped bed 6", etc.

That shop closed up though. You might be able to contact the owner on Sportruck.com. I haven't seen him post in awhile, but you can try PMing him to see if he has underhood pics. His username is BigMike363. :bowtie:
that truck is bad...i remeber seeing it awhile ago. It makes me wanna get 22s and rob a bank so i can pay to to body drop the bed :rocking:

when i lay my truck out, the compressor pulled hits my computer lol. Its got the plastic cover trimmed. It grinded away a lil bit of metal on the computer. i guess its not a big deal, but u'll definitely have to move it if u wanna lay it, seeing how i am nowhere near being that low.

yes evan, i should lay my shit out.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
oh... i don't know if this will work with ur truck, but i think brian says he'll be able to lay his truck out with out having to notch his firewall. Maybe it'll work for you since you've got billet wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts