GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one modified a 4barrel manifiold to run TBI? AND would a carb manifold bolt up to the stock heads? off road use of course lol:biggrin:

would there be any bennifit to switching to a single plane intake? or even a tunnelram?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
honestly, for all the money you are looking at dumping into a TBI motor, have you considered going to a genIII? i did and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
total cost so far is
$800.00 performance long block
$440.00 670tbi
$476.00 COMP Cams CL08-413-8 With roller lifters

and a tunnelram would only cost me $200.00 modified by me
the rest of the performance parts came on a truck i bought for cheep. and by cheep i mean the wheels and tires go for the same price that i bought the truck for.

so im still below the 2000.00 mark in performance mods.

how much does it cost for a performance built gen3 swap?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want a tunnelram because it will work just the same on tbi as it would on a carb. the wheight of the fuel/air would cause a raming effect producing more flow past the valves. pluss it would look awsome sticking out of the hood.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
total cost so far is
$800.00 performance long block
$440.00 670tbi
$476.00 COMP Cams CL08-413-8 With roller lifters

and a tunnelram would only cost me $200.00 modified by me
the rest of the performance parts came on a truck i bought for cheep. and by cheep i mean the wheels and tires go for the same price that i bought the truck for.

so im still below the 2000.00 mark in performance mods.

how much does it cost for a performance built gen3 swap?
I'm sorry man, but calling that motor in your other thread a "performance long block" is a joke. A worn out, junk yard 4.8 would make alot more power than your "performance" tbi.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry man, but calling that motor in your other thread a "performance long block" is a joke. A worn out, junk yard 4.8 would make alot more power than your "performance" tbi.

i reject your reality and substitute my own lol

its a start to a performance engine 11:1 C/R .045 quench its a good start. its not a blown 502 and it could realy use a better topend but i think the lower end is a good place to start. unless your saying all gen-1 sbc's are junk? if thats the case we souldent talk any more.

·
QuadraSteernado
8,385 Posts
As long as the carb intake manifold is for the TBI heads it will bolt up.

If not you'll have to take a die grinder to the 4 middle section bolts to get them to line up.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i reject your reality and substitute my own lol

its a start to a performance engine 11:1 C/R
you might want to verify your math.

A "good place to start" for what? What do you have planned?

When did I say anything about all sbc's? I love small blocks. You can't honestly compare yours to a truly built sbc though. The fact that they refer to the cam as a "rv cam" speaks volumes. It's a junk rebuild... plain and simple. I wouldn't waste money on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you might want to verify your math.

A "good place to start" for what? What do you have planned?

When did I say anything about all sbc's? I love small blocks. You can't honestly compare yours to a truly built sbc though. The fact that they refer to the cam as a "rv cam" speaks volumes. It's a junk rebuild... plain and simple. I wouldn't waste money on it.
math is fine 11:1 for 64cc heads is not to far feched true its more like 10.96:1 but thats close enuf to 11:1 for me and not a performance engine? GM performance sells the same engine with a 9.5:1 C/R and its called a performance engine.

and as for the rest of your BS. its not even worth responding to.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
math is fine 11:1 for 64cc heads is not to far feched true its more like 10.96:1 but thats close enuf to 11:1 for me and not a performance engine? GM performance sells the same engine with a 9.5:1 C/R and its called a performance engine.

and as for the rest of your BS. its not even worth responding to.

ok genious. What did the heads flow? What are the specs of this RV cam? Is it close to one of them there 3/4 race cams? :rofl2:

I appologize for not feeding you full of lies. Best of luck making 400hp with a junk crate motor. :rofl2:

·
QuadraSteernado
8,385 Posts
TBI heads aren't performing heads at all
210hp with stock sized cam

Vortec heads could get you somewhat closer to 400hp

Some aftermarket heads would net even more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TBI heads aren't performing heads at all
210hp with stock sized cam

Vortec heads could get you somewhat closer to 400hp

Some aftermarket heads would net even more.
yeah i know but that guy was just nag. in looking at 300-320hp in reality. not bad for a $1600.00 engine and maybe i will get TFS top end kit from summit and crank out 465hp its only 2,130.00 add it to the 670cfm TBI and get even closer to 500hp

but i like most pepole dont have 2130.00 to spend on a set of heads this second. maybe further down the line if im not happy with 300hp.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts