GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TURBO!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yallo, so I have a 03 GMC Sierra 1500. I have Cherry Bomb exhaust, Superchip Flashpaq tuner (performance), Intake so far. my further mods will be; throttle body spacer, flowmaster super40 muffler (3" duel exit), BlackBear tune and a JET mafs. What I wanna know is how much I will benefit from UPGRADING mods. If anyone thinks I should do anyother mods such as headers, MSD, or cam, larger throttle body and thinks its not a waist of money since it is my dd then please spell it out. I do plan on lifting it and bigger tires so the added power will be nice since the tires will add more rotating mass.

Thanks in advace for all your help.

Derrick

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Tune will be one of the best mods. TBS dont do shit..ive never had one but my friend does, and it didnt do shit but an annoying whistle. Also when you lift it, and add bigger tires..make sure you regear it to the proper ratio. That will also make a big difference when you add the big tires. My truck is lifted but its got really good power, and have been looking at long tube headers lately.:) good luck.

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
Re-gearing with the cam and headers will be your biggest gain . . .especially for bigger tires . . .oh and shitcan the programmer and get a custom tune. You dont need to swap your intake manifold the stock one flows just fine you would need to be putting down quite a bit of power for that to be of any benefit.

The TB spacer should give the most gains.:crazy:

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Yallo, so I have a 03 GMC Sierra 1500. I have Cherry Bomb exhaust, Superchip Flashpaq tuner (performance), Intake so far. my further mods will be; throttle body spacer, flowmaster super40 muffler (3" duel exit), BlackBear tune and a JET mafs. What I wanna know is how much I will benefit from UPGRADING mods. If anyone thinks I should do anyother mods such as headers, MSD, or cam, larger throttle body and thinks its not a waist of money since it is my dd then please spell it out. I do plan on lifting it and bigger tires so the added power will be nice since the tires will add more rotating mass.

Thanks in advace for all your help.

Derrick
TBS is a waste, Flowmaster is a waste, JET MAF is a waste.

Long tube headers and a different torque converter would be good mods, along with the BlackBear tune you already mentioned.

When you lift it regear it, that will be your biggest difference.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You forgot, welcome to the board. :van:

·
TURBO!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright guys, thanks for all the help. im going to be putting either 35" nitto mud grapplers or 35" MT baja claws. what gearing should i go with?

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
alright guys, thanks for all the help. im going to be putting either 35" nitto mud grapplers or 35" MT baja claws. what gearing should i go with?
either 4.56s or 4.88. You will be happy.

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Just make sure you put the bigger tires on before you get the tune or he will have to redo for the speedo calibration. Or provide him with the height of the tires when you order the custom tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts