GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend wants to mold his pan in on his 92 stepside the pan is fiberglass just like the bed is. He wanted to know how long it might last if done by a competent body man with fiberglass experience. He puts around 2-3 thousand miles on his truck a year and doesn't drive it hard or anything. Also what about the tail lights?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah he wanted that, but didn't know how much trouble it'd be to have installed. I'm still trying to get him to go for it. For what all comes with the kit I think it's cheap.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
way2hi said:
yeah he wanted that, but didn't know how much trouble it'd be to have installed. I'm still trying to get him to go for it. For what all comes with the kit I think it's cheap.
If it's all fiberglass, it shouldn't be that hard ... if they can work on a vette they could do this.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that's what I've always thought, most all of the pans I've seen thought have cracked, but there's this one guy around here with one that's been done for about 6 years and it's his daily driver, still looks real good.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
1badgmc from FSC.com had his tailights filled and rear steps shaved and his body man used some kind of marine epoxy or something. Can't remember very well, but he says it's worked really good 'till now. I've heard the best way to shave the taillights on a stepside is to use the tailights as the fillers....

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard the best way to shave the taillights on a stepside is to use the tailights as the fillers....
Really? I've seen fiberglass fillers I figured they'd work better

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Yeah, I've seen fiberglass fillers too, but from what I've heard from several people, the tailights work better for fillers....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts