GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a simple mod and probably everyone here has already done it, but I just took the molding of my 2005 Tahoe and wanted to offer up some before and after photos for anyone that's thinking about it. I think it looks much better now and I'd recommend it.

It's very easy to do, as well. I just sat the car outside on a hot day and then slowly pulled the molding off. After that, a little adhesive remover got the rest of the tape off and that was it. Here you go:

Before:

After:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Looks good but those steps and roof rack really need to come off since you took the molding off.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
much better, now it just needs some color matching

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like how that turned out.

I'm scared to remove mine, not sure how the paint will look underneath. Any worries of this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like how that turned out.

I'm scared to remove mine, not sure how the paint will look underneath. Any worries of this?
I was worried about the same thing, but the paint was perfect. It took some work to make sure I got all of the glue from the double sided tape off, but other than that, it turned out pretty well. I think with a significantly older truck, you might have issues, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Michael.

I was thinking about doing something with the bow tie, and maybe the grill. You guys have any ideas? I've seen lots of posts that say "do something with the bow tie and the grill" but no actual specifics or pics of how things look. Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think colormatching the grill and bumper pad and adding a billet grill and bowtie would like great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts