GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got the DJM 4/6 kit with the 4" control arms and flip kit.

I've been reading about lowered trucks, and from the looks of it the sensatracs give the most comfortable ride.

Now, saying that i would like to hear opinions of how to get the most comfortable ride shock selection.

But i would also like to know where the cheapest place to get these shocks are, but if you have another sugjestion, let me know.

thanks,
Keith

·
GroundeD 4 LifE
1,234 Posts
i had a 4/6 on my truck at one time with toxic shocks was an alright ride but no matter what shocks you run its still going to be a bumpy ride

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
monroe are your best bet, i run them on all my trucks, which most have been 6/8 or bagged, also put them on all the trucks i lower for other people.

since your running a 4in LCA up front with stock springs then go with a "stock" shock and since the flip doesnt change the ride quality either then again if you go with a "stock" shock then the ride will be unchanged and ride like stock.

·
3,161 Posts
I've tried a lot of different Monroes on my truck and never have been happy with really any of them. Even the Monroe reflex mono tubes I have on here now the shorter ones off a 88-98 bounce pretty badly. They are the best so far for sure though. I've tried them with 2-6" drop. I'm not saying they are bad jsut don't expect anything amazing. They will work and can be had cheap. I'll be selling mine soon. I had the sensa tracs (37149) on a 2" drop and they were worse than stock shocks. They shuttered really badly and went away with the bouncy stock shocks. So bad I sent them in for warranty and got my money back.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, if the truck will ride like "stock" will i need to get a certain sensa trac? with a different range? or can i just look for the standard one for the 03 silverado?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have Monroe Sensatrac and the truck rides great, I love them. Feels smooth and takes bumps well. No bouncing at all. If I could do it all over, I would still buy Sensatracs.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I have sensatracs and i love them too. I've had belltechs, djm and the summit sport DT shocks and they didnt ride anywhere as good as the monroes.

To find out what length you need you have to measure the shock brackets from eyelet to eyelet at ride height. Then look at the chart and add the compressed and extended lengths together and divide by 2. Do that until you get a number that is close to your ride height measurement.

You can get them at just about any autoparts store including napa.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
every time i try to go to the local part stores with numbers, they say i need an application.

so is there an easy way once i get my measurements to figure out what part # i need?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I used part number 37078 for the rear. My rear measurments are around 16" at ride height.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I used the same shocks Oleg did on my 5/6 and they work great. I used part numbers #37078 x2 and #37047 x2
:word:

Just have to be careful ordering the fronts because the mounting styles are different between 2wd and 4x4.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool I am around 17 -17.5 but on a nnbs
I would also like to know what part number is used in a 5-7 inch rear drop for the NNBS. Are you planning on changing your front shocks also?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts