GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs in "interior" or "exterior", but anyway does anyone have any expierience with after market moon roofs? Any info would be appreciated, price, install, opinions, etc. And if anyone has any pics of a moon roof that has been installed (after market) I'd love to see 'em. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did my titan back home in NY for 1500 installed. I had no problems with it, it was an automatic open and close with a touch of a button, and you coud pop it up, open it half way, no noise, no leaks. Just make sure you have a good shop do it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
DO NOT DO IT!! Nothing but problems!!! From my expirience anyway. Anyone i have ever known that has had an aftermatket sunroof "eventually" causes problems with leaking and rusting around it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
DO NOT DO IT!! Nothing but problems!!! From my expirience anyway. Anyone i have ever known that has had an aftermatket sunroof "eventually" causes problems with leaking and rusting around it.
I concur with the above statement... It is just asking for problems. Even if it is a good install and the fit is perfect; you will eventually have rust problems.

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
hahaha, i used to install them, what do you want to know? & if a good shop does the install you won't have probs with rust or leaking

edit: what alot of you guys don't realize is over 50% of vehicles out there on the dealership lots with sunroofs have aftermarket sunroofs in them

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
There are a good many on here that had sunroofs installed. Can't remember all the names, but pewter00, quicksilverado (or close to that), and slammedchevy (or close) all had them. IIRC, they are all webasto pieces. Do a search for that and something should come up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts