GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive been rewiring a bunch of shit under the hood the past couple days...i unhooked and rehooked the power wire to the amp, and now my headunit is actin up really badly...it won't come on if the trucks off but the keys in the on position, and will stay on for a few secs if the trucks runnin...ive checked almost every fuse i can think of, and all were good...anyone know what could be goin on and what i should check out?? The H/U is like 7 or 8 yrs old and is a pioneer premeir, so its no big deal if its shot...but it was workin good up until about 20 mins ago...

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah...i prob will get a new one sometime fairly soon...just don't feel like dishin out a ton of money rt now...and i already owe my parents enough money as it is, no need to owe more...

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would check out your battery+, and your ACC power make sure that they have good connections. If thats not it sounds like you might be needing a new HU.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took it all apart today...found out a circuit had burned up on it...i thought i had smelled a slight electrical burn...and sure enough...time to start savin...7 yrs for one HU isn't too bad i don't guess...

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, im lookin around for something fairly cheap (about $125-$135). I was really surprised when i took the H/U out the first time and saw that it was manufactured in feb of 1997...Anything yall would suggest thats fairly cheap and has 2 sets of RCAs? I don't want anything too fancy, just want it to play cd-rs and have 2 sets of RCAs for my amps...I was looking at some of the pioneer stuff on ikesound.com...im not gonna limit myself to just pioneer so if yall know of anything really under $150, id be interested.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Id say get a newer pioneer like the DEH-P3600 with front and rear or front and sub outs on it. It has xm and cd changer controls as well as a remote. The face is multi colored so its easy to read and its a flip face

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was actually thinkin about that H/U or even the DEH-P4600MP...I just don't need to go any fancier or pricier than that...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yours lasted longer than mine did, the other day it stopped working again, I pulled it apart to see if there was anything obviously wrong, and there wasn't, but when I pulled it apart the stupid little ribbon cable from the circuit board to the laser ripped in 2 :bawl: So now its just a radio....its like its been neutered....:crazy:

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahhh...thats what u meant when u said ur neutered radio in another thread...lol...one of my buddies now has a neutered radio too...tons of headunits are breakin all of the sudden...andy, be happy u have a radio atleast...id be happy to have any music at all...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
RedneckDude said:
I was actually thinkin about that H/U or even the DEH-P4600MP...I just don't need to go any fancier or pricier than that...
unless you burn MP3s without converting them , Id get the 3600. It looks cooler, has the rear/sub output and has a multiple color face

1 - 16 of 16 Posts