GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been running my options lately and was wondering what those of yall who run A 3" bl on a 6" suspension think of the whole set up. What tire u can get by with and so on. Also what type of problems u have run in to with the cv alignment etc. Also what type of gas mileage u get and if gears will really help that out.

Throw me some info and maybe a couple of pics (prefferabley of an obs)

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
I run 37's but i have trimmed and cranked mt T-bars about .5 inch. 36x14.50 is a good size IMO for a 9 inch lift. I run 4.56 gears and get 15 mpg

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I have a 9.5" full throttle suspension lift and no body lift. I have the ford keys on there, but I only cranked up my torsion bars about 1/2 inch. My cv angles are just as good as stock. I think the biggest angle you have to worry about would be your upper arm/balljoint angle.

I'm only running 35's, but a wide 36 or a skinny 37 would fit easy. You should be able to fit the same size tires, as long as you get a true 6" lift. With the 35's and 4.88 gears i'm also getting 13-14 mpg.

Why not just get a 10" suspension lift? Body lifts can run you up to $700, depending on who installs it. You could spend that $700 on a bigger suspenion lift. I'm happy with my full throttle lift, and there are several members on here who love their cognito lifts.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already brought and did the bl myself. I was really happy with it ecspecially the gap guards. MY milleage is shitty but i got a heavy right foot. I was really surprised with the type of shit that truck can go thhrough now. But if i go with the 6 im gonna start driving a little less harsh and give my truck alittle more attention. So I think im gonna try a 36x14.50 or something around their.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Sounds good. Just make sure to run a true 6" lift. Make sure the subframe and the front diff is dropped down the full 6".

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
my brother has 6" sus and 3" body on a 98 and he runs 36x14.5 with 15x12's and it is awsome! I have the same on my 2000 with 38x15.5 and 16.5x10 wheels and its cool too... it's really two different looks you can go with there... he gets about 13 mpg's and i'd say i get aroung 15mpg's??? not sure never checked... only thing is his does rub a bit... mine doesn't at all... :rocking: :whip:

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
you can go as big 39.5's w/ a 6+3. but the biggest i believe you can go w/o cutting is 37. when my 35's go, ill be going w/ a 3 in bl and 37x12.50's.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
There is no way 39's would fit on my truck, even if i was cranked all the way. The obs have slightly larger fender openings, and can clear an extra 1" or so compared to the nbs, with the same amount of lift. I would rub horribly even with 38's.

Just get a good 6" lift that drops everything down 6 full inches, and run a wide 36 or a skinny 37 on a 10" wide rim.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am running a 6+3 with 36x14.50's without any rubbing and mine is a spindle lift, and I havent trimmed anything :anitoof: I get about 12-13 mpg and I still kind of drive like a teenager :rocking:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I Have a 2WD with a 7" suspension and a 3" body. I run 35x12.50's with a 16x8 rim. No rubbing and I love it. but the gas milage sucks. I get like 12 mpg

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
I have a 6+3 with 36x14.5 tsl radials with no cranking i rubbed the inner fender but i'm cruing that this weekend with the sawzal. i also have 4.56s and see 15 to 16 mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts