GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so ive finally decided on my wheels, 17" vtec matte black. i get em for 90 bucks a piece so :)

but the tires i still dont know. the cheaper and longer lasting route would be some 305 70 17 terra grapplers.

but the better looking but more expensive tires would be 33 1250 17 mud grapplers.

i really think im just gonna do the terra grapplers just because i drive my truck so damn much, ill get better mileage, the tire will be a little bit bigger, last longer, and about 300-400$ cheaper for me. what do you think

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I think Terra Grapplers look good, when using a tire that is smaller than 35" tall.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Terra grapplers are my favorite a/t tire. If your looking for a cheap aggressive tire then look into mickey thompson mtz. They will last longer and be cheaper than the mud grapplers. They come in 33x12.5x17

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terra grapplers are my favorite a/t tire. If your looking for a cheap aggressive tire then look into mickey thompson mtz. They will last longer and be cheaper than the mud grapplers. They come in 33x12.5x17
yeah i do like those, my friend has em on his body lifted explorer. but they have the terra grapplers in stock almost 24/7 at the discount i work at which makes them even cheaper for me and i would only have to wait on the rims, which i plan on ordering first then waiting till i get the money for the tires. im pretty much set on the nittos. when/if i ever go bigger i'll put some mud tires on it.

thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Why not go with a 35 instead of a 33? Should fit good with a 3" body lift if your wheels arent too wide.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not go with a 35 instead of a 33? Should fit good with a 3" body lift if your wheels arent too wide.
i was thinking about that, but i put my friends 295 70 17 terra grapplers on and it rubbed a bit. i know i didn't trim anything and i haven't even installed my ford keys and rear spacers but i don't want the stuffed look. plus it would save a couple mpgs (although im really not all too worried about that) and would keep me from really needing gears. 3.73's would do it for me.

this is my truck with my friends tires i mentioned above:

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
:hmm: I thought that 35s looked pretty proportional on bodylifted trucks. 33s usually look kinda small to me.

I fit 33x12.5 mtz's on my truck with no lift and no trimming anything. I cranked the keys and it was good.

My old truck had a bodylift with keys and the 35s looked perfect size.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get some hankook dynapro mt...

seen em at work. wasn't very impressive looking to me in person.

:hmm: I thought that 35s looked pretty proportional on bodylifted trucks. 33s usually look kinda small to me.

I fit 33x12.5 mtz's on my truck with no lift and no trimming anything. I cranked the keys and it was good.

My old truck had a bodylift with keys and the 35s looked perfect size.
yeahhh idk if i rubbed with 295's...... i do some trail riding every now and then and my friend has a 3 body and 4 inch spindle in the front with keys and 6 inch coils with 2 inch spacers in teh back and destroyed some of his fenders with his 35 1250 20 mud grapplers and they rub at full lock.

i think it will look just fine plus i wanna keep some power and i will have no rubbing issues what so ever

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
alright so ive finally decided on my wheels, 17" vtec matte black. i get em for 90 bucks a piece so :)

but the tires i still dont know. the cheaper and longer lasting route would be some 305 70 17 terra grapplers.

but the better looking but more expensive tires would be 33 1250 17 mud grapplers.

i really think im just gonna do the terra grapplers just because i drive my truck so damn much, ill get better mileage, the tire will be a little bit bigger, last longer, and about 300-400$ cheaper for me. what do you think
Not a bad looking rim, i considered it but went witht my matte black gunners, also $90 a wheel is a good price

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a bad looking rim, i considered it but went witht my matte black gunners, also $90 a wheel is a good price
yeahhhh i think your truck just convinced me to do 20x10 matte black gunner 6's lol my tires are getting low and the bday is coming up so i think my parents are gonna help me out on some 305 55 r20s :)

i wanted to do 20s originally but were too expensive til it hit me ma bday is coming uppp

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
whered you find wheels for 90 a pop? i like how those look

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whered you find wheels for 90 a pop? i like how those look
he works for discount tire...
yes sirrr :) but i also noticed that jello had 20x10 chrome gunner 6's on his tahoe. i hate to be a copy cat but they looked good! and i think theyll look even better in matte black

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
oh you get a festive employee disco then dont ya? BOO!!!! haha j/k

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
i like the toyo open country at's more then the nittos :imo

same company i know but the sidewall on the tg's gets old i think.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well finally the day has come but only 1 problem. they dont make the matte black gunner 6s anymore. so im getting the 20x10 anthracite and getting them powder coated. but its still not bad considering ill be paying less than 100 bucks a wheel for em

1 - 20 of 23 Posts