GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Jonesy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 sulverado with a 5.7L vortec and i was wondering what ya'll thought was the best and cheapest way to get her to 350HP? It should be that hard just wanting wanting a few ideas on how to go about getting there, thanks to everyone thats helps out

·
Registered
650 Posts
Headers and a bigger cam would get you some more ponies. I dont know about 350 to the wheels, but maybe to the crank. With a few other odds and ends.

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
ProCharger, P1SC kit, can easily take care of that 350 rwhp on stock truck. It is designed & capable of 400 rwhp/trq.

Realistically, you should be able to dyno 320 or so easily on an ECSB 4x4.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You need to set track times as a goal. HP is just a number and doesn't mean much if the rest of the truck is not setup properly to utilize all of it.

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
What size TB, 90mm?

·
The Jonesy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a 4x4 so i wont be taking it to the track i just want to make the truck alil more live on the street if you know what i mean, thats why i dont have real high HP goals and 350 would be nice at the wheels :)

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
If he is just looking to have the truck "get out of its own way", than he will be fine with the spider injectors. Even though they are only 19 lb'ers they can support the number he is looking for.

Of course if you want more than definitely do a marine intake swap along with the fuel rails/injectors. A 0411 pcm swap would also benefit the tuning & allow you to rev that motor past 5800 which plagues our black box for performance.

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
What size tires and gears do you have?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts