Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some of the welding done...

bed1.jpg

bed2.jpg

got the corner ends capped where the bed now goes down at an angle
bed3.jpg

i cant wait til he gets it done so i can finish prepping for paint and actually drive it finally!

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
those welds make me wanna touch myself

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its all gettin sealed dont worry dave

thanks for the compliments guys

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
looking good, you doing the work or a shop?

I've always wondering what's better to do, seems like 50% full weld and 50% tack every 1" and then seam seal over it. I've done it both way now, no issues either way.

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
looks good man, keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and nick a shop is doing the welding and i will do all of the body work from there

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What does the underside of the tubs look like?
they look just like the outside? haha i dont know exactly what your wanting to know

nick.. eta is up in the air.. its pretty much down to just paint and a couple other things for the ls1 but i'm trying to get a lease on a shop right now so it might be pushed back for a little bit but i'll know more on that situation next week

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
they look just like the outside? haha i dont know exactly what your wanting to know
I was just wondering if the tubs go all the way to the outer bedsides, or just to the inners, or somewhere inbetween. When I do mine I want to take them out close to the outer bedside (maybe 1/8" away) and then seel the gap. It would look better and keep water/dirt from going all over the bed rails.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts