GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i talked to matt at TRS and if we get 25 people for a group buy its 25% off everything, Ballasts, Bulbs, Projectors, Harnesses, anything on their website.
theretrofitsource.com
Its gonna be cheaper to piece together kits, they have all sizes of bulbs, I RECOMEND GETTING A RELAY IF YOU HAVE AUTO HEADLIGHTS***

Morimoto is the shit FTW and will be a big upgrade from the Popular DDM

you can also choose to get OEM ballasts or retrofit supplies, Post what you want and il get everything together. I can make custom orders on "value" ballasts/projectors which means they are light used during testing and there is nothing wrong with them, i have personally had many sets and they have all held. and those value products are usually 25-35% off retail price becuase they are used in the shop... and on top of the 25% if we get enough ppl

if you want a retrofit just get a kit and ul get the deal, but it might be cheaper to get individual parts

the projectors that would fit for most our trucks (NBS-NNBS) are the Mini H1, E55, And the matchbox projector if you wanna retro your fog lights.
Retrofitting DOES involve doing fabrication work to your headlights for those of you who dont know.

who's in? If you want Just HiD bulbs and ballasts that fine it does not have to be for retros, they carry all bulb sizes and everything is plug n play

1.saenzZ71HD
2.doopaloop6
3.nicholas
4.babyhuey
5.Nixorz
6. J.mo
7.Blue04Z71
8.Cornell
9.Fishin_Freak
10.slvrjdm
11.kewlblew
12.Garzady
13.alpinevr
14.extrabigjohn
15.Bad90
16.firestarter
17.Faze
18.jimmyp
19.changtak
20. Vbiper238

*Includes warranty*

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
their prices are actually pretty good as is, quality stuff, why not? ha

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Check out this link, this a a 5K eBay brand Xentec, vs the 5k 3five kit from Morimoto.

The outputs are no where near comparable. You can barely tell the Xentec kit is on while shining down the road.

The results speak for themselves, and at group buy prices they are not much more than a "DDM" kit. They also won't take 2 weeks to arrive at your door, and forget about bulbs going out, ballasts failing, and having to mail it all back to china at your expense.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,408 Posts
Are you guys trying to prove something to me? I am just stating if they can give you a 25% discount and still make money their mark up is a lot. Not once did I question the quality. Plus you are trying to prove something to someone who could care less about buying hids.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true :eek:kay2:

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
C'mon man don't trash the thread.

The markup I'm sure is that of any traditional retail markup.
Giving 25% off, while issuing orders to 25 or more people is a very feasible reality. Sure the margin becomes slim, but you are moving volume, and gaining customers. Who will in turn most likely become repeat customers, and spread the word to the rest of the potential customer base.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for getting this up and running saenz, you the man.

Im looking to do quads on a nnbs. Ill pm you details SAENZ

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm in for a pair of h1 projectors, 35 watt ballasts, and 4300k bulbs.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for getting this up and running saenz, you the man.

Im looking to do quads on a nnbs. Ill pm you details SAENZ
sounds good man!

roster updated!

·
Registered
269 Posts
So its 25 people? What if one person, like myself orders 2 sets, still only 1 person?

Whats this matchbox project your talking about for fogs?

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds good! once theres 25 ppl i will just have everyone PM me exactly what they want and il send it to matt

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Im in for the stuff I pm'd you about. Plus probably the stuff for the truck too. I would need a relay for the Wifes 08 xterra also.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im in for the stuff I pm'd you about. Plus probably the stuff for the truck too. I would need a relay for the Wifes 08 xterra also.
no problem man! i just sent out another email to matt in regards to all of it, if we dont get 25 ppl he said 15% off everything could still be in order

1 - 20 of 190 Posts