GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'm new here... just picked up an 04' crewcab silverado and wanna build a system.... by biggest concern is the lack of space these trucks have. after lookin it over i know i want a box behind the seat, not under and def not blowthrough. so what set-up do you guys think will give me the hardest hitting lows i can get outta that space? my thoughts at the moment would be 3 8" L7s.... give me your thoughts fellas thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have two L7 10's under my rear seat in an 08 extended cab and they sound pretty good for a super small box. The box was a pain in the ass to build. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
You wont have enough airspace for 3 ported L7's. Two should be enough tho.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so am i lookin at this right? 2 8" L7s in a ported box behind the seat? best option? nothin is really gonna hit harder that would fit?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a center concole in this truck would be waaaay too much work.... its a crewcab with the front as leather and bench seat... i kinda like the way it is and dont wanna goo outta the way to tear it all up... im pretty set on behind the seat(unless i can be talked out of it) and more or less lookin for sub and enclosure recommendations for most bass out of that area...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
More airspace you are willing to sacrifice will equal more bass, your call. :shrug:

EDIT: Leather bench front seat in an 04? I thought bench seat in a NBS CC was only available in the W/T models, which would not have leather. Can anyone else chime in on this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
excuse me i misworded that.... not bench exactly but what i mean is it not bucket seats or anything... maybe 60/40 or 40/20/40 split seat, has the center console that goes up and down

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
excuse me i misworded that.... not bench exactly but what i mean is it not bucket seats or anything... maybe 60/40 or 40/20/40 split seat, has the center console that goes up and down
In that case, it just unbolts. You're left with a nice, big, blank canvas to build with, just wrap it in a factory-colored vinyl. Party on Garth!

:big_banana_Dance:

EDIT: Here's mine for an example:
DSC01366.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
In that case, it just unbolts. You're left with a nice, big, blank canvas to build with, just wrap it in a factory-colored vinyl. Party on Garth!

:big_banana_Dance:

EDIT: Here's mine for an example:
DSC01366.jpg

DSC01110.jpg
thats a bad ass console. i wish i could build one like that.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
go with 2 ported 8"s.
some dd1008s should hit hard with some power.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
i also found a sealed box for 3 L7s with .66ft per chamber...
Those L7s do not like to be sealed. Plus 2 ported will sound better and louder than 3 sealed as long as the box is tuned properly.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Why does everyone think more subs the better? :nono:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those L7s do not like to be sealed. Plus 2 ported will sound better and louder than 3 sealed as long as the box is tuned properly.
i see... i might have to go that route then, thanks... now im leaning towards 2 L7s ported, seems to be the concensus unless anybody else has sum recomendations as to somethin that would hit harder?

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
staticcrew has two 10" kicker cvr's and are pretty loud for what they are. One of the better sounding crewcab setups ive heard without going ported/blowthrough/console

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why does everyone think more subs the better? :nono:
i used to have four 12" L7s sealed in individual boxes i made in an expedition on 3000w rms a few years back and you wouldnt even b able to stay sitting in the car when cranked, plus it killed my rear hatch window, but then again had plenty of room in that thing

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i see... i might have to go that route then, thanks... now im leaning towards 2 L7s ported, seems to be the concensus unless anybody else has sum recomendations as to somethin that would hit harder?
go with 2 ported 8"s.
some dd1008s should hit hard with some power.
:imo

1 - 20 of 39 Posts