GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of u may know I love the way the 03/04 tails look and was looking into getting some for my 00 Z71. But my 00 was a lease my parents bought it new in 00 and gave it to me when I got my license and I loved it, but with less than 15 payments left on the lease my parents were looking into refinancing the truck for another FIVE years and didn’t seem logical to them to pay for the same truck twice. So on Saturday we started looking at the new Chevy’s and I ended up trading in my Z for a 04 Silverado ECSB 4x4 (not Z71 unfortunately) in arrival blue, so I guess I got my 04 tails in the end! The only downer is the money I had for my lift ended up going for the down payment on the new truck so I'm back to square one in that department but oh well its cool I guess. Oh ya and my new truck has 4.10's instead of 3.73's these will be better when I eventually lift it right?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the 4.10s are better of course, but if you go to 35s or bigger your better off with 4.56s anyways. thats why i didnt care about getting 3.73s.

and dont worry about not getting a Z71 over a 4x4. its the same damn thing with a different sticker. i only got my Z cuz all the 4wd trucks in the area were Z's

good luck with the new truck :rocking:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: How long do your parents plan on buying your vehicles?

Alwhite00 said:
Just checking? (I'm envious)

lk
Thsi truck is financed for five years, not a lease like the other one so in five years its all mine :rocking:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ya I have been meaning to post this, as for the differences between the 4x4 and Z71, the new truck has skid plates actually has one more plate than my old Z had, but the shocks are different the ones on the new truck are thinner but they feel like they ride better on road. I don’t care about the shocks though since I’m going to lift it anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts