GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow. I am damn near speechless. I had the chance to really mash on the gas today and this thing is out of control fast! Never could believe that a crew cab could get up and move like this.

Running strong at 7psi. My buddies Hemi Charger couldn't even catch up, I just kept pulling on him. Not bad for a heavy ass crew cab.

Anyhow, I promise videos to come. Just been way too busy today to get them done. Been having a blast driving this truck!

Just wanted to extend a special thanks to:
-My wife (been so patient with this build since November!)
-Magna Charger (for building a badass blower)
-Ed @ California Custom Sport Trucks in Ft.Lauderdale, (for the TVS)
-Justin @ Blackbear (spot on tune! you'd think it was tuned on a dyno!)
-John Kelly from SSS.com (kelleyperformance/for deciphering my knock issue and helping solve it)
-Jeremy Miranda and staff at Miranda Built in Ft.Lauderdale, FL (for doing the 3" exhaust, rear gears, and other misc stuff)
-Anyone else I forgot!

VIDEOS:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3324043#post3324043

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
videos MEOW!!

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only 7psi???
[email protected] highly recommended that I not go any higher because of the stock internals. I had ordered a 9-10psi pulley as well, but I don't think I'll be using it....yet.

total cost also?
I have about $8500-9000 into it. That includes the blower, transmission, headers, gears, tru-trac, misc odds and ends, etc.

2009 was an expensive year between this, my brakes, and my wife's 24s.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[email protected] requests. im leaving for a 630a flight here soon. as soon as i get back in town i'll track down a buddy and have him take the videos. sheesh!

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What size gears'd you put in?
oem 4.10s and a trutrac with a t/a girdle, arp bearing studs, etc.

gears arent bad, but once you hit 90mph they get noisy. gets me off the line in a heartbeat tho, lol.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL at your 5.3
310hp vs 345hp, woopity doo! Only thing a 6.0 is good for is using it as a base to build a motor. other than that, 35hp isn't going to make or break me.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts