GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for mothers day I gave my mom some flowers and a card on sunday, and the keys to my truck :D She took the truck to work today while I spent the day detailing her car inside and out. She's the type that wash's there car at the automatic car wash's like once every 6 months..... so needless to say it needed it BADLY. Her car is a 2000 dodge intrepid, she wants to trade it in for a jeep soon.

Only thing I hate about her car... it hasnt been washed/buffed enough yet to remove the orange peel look that paint has :(

started off with washing it down with meguiars gold car wash soap.
dried it off
cleaned all the brake dust stains off the hubcaps
claybar'd everything w/meguiars fine claybar (white) w/meguiars NXT quick detailer
waxed entire car with meguiars gold class liquid wax
went over car twice to remove any missed wax residue/buffed the paint
cleaned tires and applied armor all gel
mothers back to black on mirrors/cowl/inside fender wheels
cleaned all windows inside and out with stoners invisable glass
followed up with rain-x
cleaned/shined interior with nxt quick detailer (she dont like that "bling" shine to everything, real bad glare on windshield from the black dash when its shined.)
vacuumed + cleaned carpets with a spray carpet cleaner , vacuumed again.

few pics (sorry not any really good ones) before she left with it

DSC01533a.gif

DSC01534a.gif

DSC01535a.gif

she has no tint, just a good reflection :crazy:
DSC01536a.gif

Group shot, her car, my project car, and daily driver
DSC01527a.gif

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
looks clean

I just hate the way intrepids look lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
me too :crazy: she wants to get a jeep wrangler and ever since I taught her how to ride my enduro she wants a motorcycle as well :D my father and I went and bought brand new harley's almost 2years ago so she wants something to go riding with us instead of being on the back all the time

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That buick is badass.
thanks. its very nice. its one of 2,700 made in 1951..... im not sure how many are left but this has been kept in very good shape over the years!. its a car everyone stops to talk to you about :crazy:
Ive kept it original as I could beside the addition of a 6volt to 12 volt converter under dash and a sony cd player hidden in the glovebox. (car only came with am radio lol) replaced the speakers as well. the original 5watt RMS speakers that were 56years old just werent gonna cut it :read: it needs a new rear bumper (dented in) and the exterior chrome needs to be redone but otherwise its a fun cruiser. its no speed demon with so much car weight, straight 8 engine (orginal with under 70,000 miles) and 2 speed dynaflow transmission, but thats what i got the harley for

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
That was pretty nice of you:shake:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts