GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500, with the 4.3 V6.
It has 156k Miles on it.

It won't start. The motor turns over, and it seems like it's going to start up, but then it just sputters and coughs out.

It seemed to be happening only when it was wet or very humid outside. Someone told me that I should replace the Ignition Control Module. I did that, but it's still not working.

What should I do next?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Put gas in it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can I check fuel pressure when it's not running?

I sprayed starter fluid into the air cleaner, and it still won't start. (this led me to believe that it isn't a fuel delivery issue... am I correct in that assumption?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I did a "sound check" (put my ear by the gas cap, and listened to the fuel pump), and it definitely made a noise. So I assume that it's not a fuel pump issue (thank god).

What next?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Put gas in it

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
passlock?

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
turn ur key to run, leave it there for 10 mins, turn it off for 20 seconds, crank it.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
mine only gives me shit when its hot :shrug:

I do that and fires up

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
:facepalm:

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
look at the ign coil for signs of arcing between the plastic and the metal ring that surrounds it
I had the exact same issue with my old work van (01 Astro),it would be a bitch to start when wet out
if it does not start with starting fluid its NOT a fuel issue
and if it starts when its dry out something tells me it has gas in the tank :snoopfacepalm:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts