GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would off road lights look any good mounted on a front bumper? Or would they just look stupid?

·
GMC Owner
469 Posts
just take a look through some off the members trucks with off road lights on the front of their vehicles... some look good... others, not so much. i have mine mounted horizontally off the sides of my license plate bracket... but they are just driving lights cuz i have a hard time seeing the lane markers at night...

DSCN0414.gif

lights are the same, but alot of other things are different on it right now

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
ive seen them look good behind the grille, and on the roof especially an obs hoe like yours. i personally want to get a fabbed up bumper with lights behind my grille

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
A pic of your truck might help out. Thats if were talking about your truck.....

If your asking about offroad lights on a bumper in general then its your own opinion.....

I personally like 4 lights in the " V " setup.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
That's all up to you and your opinion of aesthetics whether it will "look good" or not.

I think it depends a lot on which lights you go with, but if you choose wisely it shouldn't be hard to make them look good up there on the bumper.
Or, if you've got the cash, you can get one of those new LED lightbars that are just as powerful as most HID's, then hide it in a bumper slot or behind the grill.
Just in case you're interested, I've got a brand new set of black PIAA 540 dual beams for sale, pm if you're interested.

·
greyZ71
980 Posts
Is it for a stock bumper or aftermarket? I have 4'' lights on my bumper but I think they look a tad small.

P1000402-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
go to kragen and get thier 7 inch HID lights, they have a red ring. should cost about 100 per light but you will thank me if you get them. you can either bolt them to your stock bumper or off a light bar. they look decent on OBS trucks.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
and mound them behind the grill. its not hard to do.

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
You should invest in the Hella 500 Free Form lights. They are the bombshit! :drool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I mounted them in the holes where the front license plate holder was mounted. It looks decent. It'll work for the time being.

I had no room behind the grill. There was another radiator for the tranny cooler that made very little room between the radiator and the grill.

·
Big Burb
14 Posts
Not sure if this helps or not since it's not a full size, but I had 6" KC Slim Lights mounted directly to the bumper on my old S10.

The only problem that I had was trying to keep them aligned properly. I solved that by placing a tack weld at the base of each light, after I got them adjusted where I wanted.

Worked great, and I think it looked pretty good too.

1-7.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

-Tim

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
If your asking about offroad lights on a bumper in general then its your own opinion.....
That's all up to you and your opinion of aesthetics whether it will "look good" or not.
You two must be new here. We're not allowed to say things like that on GMFS. You have to say things like "Old man appearance package" or "Go back to FSC"...

OP, I agree with them. Do what you think looks nice. You'll never gather everyone's approval no matter what you do; and you're the one who has to look at it most often.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On this site you always have to be right. It's never anyone's opinion. It either looks good or terrible.

And on the S10..that looks great! I think it's mostly because the bumper is black and so are the light casings though. Silver steel bumpers on the full sizes.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i am thinking of using some 5" metal i have, bending it to a stretched out Z shape, and mounting it to the holes already existing in the stock bumper that are under the grill. From there i plan to mount a pair a 6" hella 500FF on them. Should be good to go. If only there was a good place to mount switches in these trucks

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Not sure if this helps or not since it's not a full size, but I had 6" KC Slim Lights mounted directly to the bumper on my old S10.

The only problem that I had was trying to keep them aligned properly. I solved that by placing a tack weld at the base of each light, after I got them adjusted where I wanted.

Worked great, and I think it looked pretty good too.

-Tim
Damn, I LIKE that! Very nice S-tenner. I actually really like the fender mounted lights there, although I'm not sure I'm brave enough to drill some holes in my fenders to try, haha... looks good though, nice work.

theholycow, you're right, I'm still a bit of a newb, haven't been broken in properly yet, haha... see above expressed opinion openly shared about an S-10 involving the words "I like that". I believe I'm gonna get a whippin' for that one!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts