GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever put their a/c controls in the console peice that comes to the dash?

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody moved their a/c controls?

i want to move mine...just dont know how yet.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
probably have to extend all the wires

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
yeah, its pretty much just that, have to extend all the wires...im doing it to mine pretty soon so i can accomodate a double din on my '00

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ha...i figured that much..but where are yall putting them? i kind of want to put it where the tape player is in my console in my 01

but i was looking at it...i'd have to cut the whole face and the support up to make it fit..

well looks like i get to destroy something

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i would try to solder them if u can...i crimped mine and it works well but i plan to solder them..

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I don't have my thumb drive with me today to show you a pic but i want to move mine to the overhead console to give me room for a graphic eq.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:flame:
I don't have my thumb drive with me today to show you a pic but i want to move mine to the overhead console to give me room for a graphic eq.
wow....i dont have the same one you have....<console>...i have the full one.

ill figure out where to put mine...i'll just have to fiberglass it..

gotta wait till the 2nd week of next month to start anything costly because i already spent my spending money for this month.

dual bulb ballasts 8000K, Caddi instrument panel, a new maf sensor thanks to a friend messing my stock one up :flame: :flame: he didnt even offer to pay for it..much less half of it. :flame:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
right below the a/c control where the dash would curve if you dont have a console is where im putting mine, gonna fiberglass up a pod for t there and slightly tilt it in my direction so its a little easier, i'll see if i cant do a chop for ya tonight...

Dave

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry for how dirty it is...i havent had time to clean it.
console2.jpg

console.jpg

console3.jpg

this is mine, and where im thinking of putting it..but if i did then i'd have to cut up the front peice pretty good, and the supports in it. which basically means i wont ever be able to change it back....

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Ah i see. I don't have that console cause mine is a stick. So i guess thats not an option for me.

Although i wish that was the controller I had. I just about hate my dual climate control. It screws up on me all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts