GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am sorry for the stupid question, but how much more power am i really looking at if i swap in my LQ9 and put the radix on that vs keeping the 5.3 in. The supporting mods will be Z06 cam, cai, mid legnth headers, tune, blowmaster. I really appreciate the input.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well better heads + more displacement...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
considerable. 40 more ci + higher compression.

70-80 rwhp maybe?

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, then is there anything i should do while i have the lq9 out? I am on a budget so i cant turn it into a stroker............

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
so, then is there anything i should do while i have the lq9 out? I am on a budget so i cant turn it into a stroker............

Rod bolts
Reseal it
Oil Pump
Chain
Valve stem seals
Etc

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
The 112 is to small for a 6.0 imo, maybe on a bone stock 6.0 but honestly I wouldnt put a 112 on anything but a stock 5.3. My friend tuned a buggy with a 5.3 and a 122 and it was bad ass, low IATs ect. The more you try and spin that blower the more heat it makes and the more power you loose. Stick with the 5.3 you will be happy you did.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Sell the 5.3 for what you can get, sell the Radix... build a butt turbo

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Fronts are better, but butts are cheap if you shop. :D

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see......... this is exactly what i was worried about....... i never thought i would have a 6.0 when i got the sc. I sold the 5.3 already. Anyone want a radix lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts