GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there's some kind of device I can hook up to my factory CD player in my truck to play MP3's? Kind of like when you could put a cassette in the cassette player using a portable CD player to play CD's.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah I know somebody makes something like that. I can't think of the name for shit! It works off your radio stations.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
DeToN8TeD said:
Does anyone know if there's some kind of device I can hook up to my factory CD player in my truck to play MP3's? Kind of like when you could put a cassette in the cassette player using a portable CD player to play CD's.
You need a wireless FM transmitter, IROCK makes some website .. it sends your mp3 on an fm station you select and you tune your radio to that station

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but I'd still need to buy a MP3 player and use that device to hook up the adapter? Is there anything that is a player that will hook up instead of having to purchase 2 seperate items?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
DeToN8TeD said:
but I'd still need to buy a MP3 player and use that device to hook up the adapter? Is there anything that is a player that will hook up instead of having to purchase 2 seperate items?
I don't know of an all in one solution, I use a cassette adapter on mine since I have cassette. Next head unit I buy I want it to have an auxillary input. There might be some device you can hook in line with your factory antennae ... I just don't see there being any one piece solution.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Wonder if the Factory radio has the AUX option and maybe PAC makes something for this? If so you could use like an I-pod to hook into the AUX unit. I had no luck with the I-pod and using the AUX input.

Also wonder if the I-pod or some other portable MP3 player has the option to use a cassette?

·
Registered
182 Posts
http://www.courier-journal.com/gizweb/cols/02/020720.htm

If you currently have a cassette deck you could possibly use something like this. I've never heard one, but found it when I was looking into HUs a while back.

If you have a cdplayer you will pretty much have to go with 2 products. Radio shack use to have the fm transmitters haven't checked lately they are around $20 i think (got one for a friend a year ago)

good luck

Attachments

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
There is a device for your factory radio that plugs into where the slave cd/cassette unit from the center console plugs into the head unit. It gives the factory radio a rca input. I believe it is made by peripheral. There is also a "Y" adapter for this module so that you don't lose the factory slave unit.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I was at Wal-Mart tonight and they had a FM Transmitter by Belkin for $19 and some change
0072286846790_215X215.jpg

I had to go because my current MP3 player bit the dust, it comes on but won't play .. I picked up a Memorex MP3 player, has 128 megs internal (my old one has 64) and will still use my 128 Meg MMC card. So far I like it, it even sounds better and louder in my truck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts