GMC Truck Forum banner

mpg

2564 38
**update** Mpg

i know there has been threads before on mpg. but i'm lazy and don't want to search through them........sorry :think: ive got a flowmaster, k&n airfilter, drive conservatively and running stock 245's right now. in the city im busting out a whopping 10.4 mpg. btw, ive got a hoe with a 350 in it. would changing the plugs, cleaning the injectors give me any kind of mpg boost? or anything at all? thanks in advance
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,112 Posts
Yeah somethings wrong, I think a tuneup would be in order. I recently achieved 15 mpg with mostly city driving, with 166,000 miles, TBI 350, 3.42 gears, and 285/75/16. Its all in the foot, the slower the acceleration, the better your mileage gets. Although I havn't totally proven this yet, I made quite a few WOT 0-75 runs on that 15 mpg tank :crazy:

BTW, is your SES light on?

how old are your o2 sensors?

Definitly pull your plugs and have a good look at them. Eventually they will get all nastied up. I run mine (cheap copper delcos) about 2 years a set, along with wires/cap/rotor. About halfway through I'll pull them all and clean them off real good, seems to help, esp on an old motor.

I also try to run some injector cleaner every once in a while, (usually when I think of it), I'm not entirely sure how much good it does, but for like 3 bucks a pop, can't really go wrong.

· Registered
3,112 Posts
If its a vortec, alot. :D I bought my last O2 off ebay for 30 bucks. Dunno what they are at the store. I'd definitly get your codes read by someone that knows whats up, all kinds of things could be out. If you have no cats, and no o2 simms, your rear o2 sensors are probably going nuts, which won't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.