GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, since I put the 5 inch in and 33 grapplers on I've lost MPG obviously. Looking at programmers CAI and exhaust, and my speedo is off what programmer you all recommend? I want something I can install and remove and as I add stuff tune for it and don't want to pay for premium fuel all the time. Biggest thing is MPG and speedo right now when put the pedal down she goes like stock, but who doesn't want the best of both worlds or close to it.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Custom tune. Handheld is not going gain much. Plus you adding things is not going to matter when you have a handheld tuner. In addition to the fact you can have a tune done for regular fuel.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Black Bear Performance is standard around here

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
gears, headers, tune :imo

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
gears, headers, tune :imo
^this. Put money in a jar, smash the jar, and do this. Gears are and will always be the best thing I did to my truck. As for headers and the tune, they are the icing on the cake that bring it all together.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i knew custom tune was gonna be the popular reply and I get it but I do have a but.... these custom tunes are detectable and can be erased right? I like the diablo intune for being to return to stock and save however I tune the truck. When I said add accessories I meant as I can afford it Ill add a CAI, exhaust, headers etc. whereas with a blackbear id have to get in contact with whoever to tune for each thing I did wouldn't I?. See I have to do it slowly so not to piss off the better half with a one time lump sum and hear "you want to spend how much more on your truck". I know ill never get all the mileage but a 2 or 3 more MPG, dropping the AFM, and the tranny having more of an understanding would help.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you want a handheld then Superchips Flashpaq. Best value for the money. The trans tune options are good and the Eco tune nerfs the engine and you get good milage on the longer trips. The performance tune is also decent

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
You do get free updates if you add. But all in all a hand held is the same price as a custom tune. Both of which can be removed. I had the Superchips on my 06. The only thing you can feel is the tranny. The actual tuning is very minimal as I compared it to the stock file after I bought hp tuners. But in a year I bet you will see what we are talking about. Plus Justin should be able to get you a better economy tune than a handheld would

1 - 8 of 8 Posts