GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering....If I put some 20's on my truck and which that will prob put me with a larger tire...does it effect your speedometer much? I've heard it does, but I never knew how much. Can I get some opinions on this. Thx... :gmfs: Sorry, meant to put this in the Exterior forum instead of this one.

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
I think it changes it by a few MPH. I have oversized All terrains and it only changes my speedometer by 2-3. Since your truck is a 2k a hypertech programmer would be able to change it to the right tire size that you have.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Its not a fixed MPH but a percent you will be off. Just take the circumference of your old tire vs your new tire and see the difference. That is the percent you speedo will be off. It wont be to much. For instance, going from stock to a 35" tire my speedo was under 10% off.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate it guys. One more question...Is there a way to get your speedometer adjusted or is it just better to deal with it being a lil off?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a hypertech to fix the speedo. I took it off when it got serviced and the peole at the dealer said it was off by like 15 mph, which is bs right?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
im running 275/45/20s and mine is barely off if it is at all.. they have those speed trap things here that tell you youre speed, and im always doing what it says.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts