GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked on of these up, didn't know what to expect. I was the third vehicle to use it, by then the filter said it was dirty and time to replace (that miffs me a bit that you can only do 2 or 3 cars a filter) but heck, I used it anyways and it still came out great. It did as advertised, it dired without me having to do any work. I did waterblade my tonneau cover as I figured it being flat it might not dry right. I could even tell a difference using the waterblade, the water came off much easier.

So I think it's worth it, but am a little disappointed by the filters using up so quickly. It has a nice spray pattern and even if you got tired of buying filters and soap for it, it would make a good dispensor for your regular car wash soap.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It's great huh? I love mine, and I also use my waterblade on the tonneau. 1 Filter will last me atleast 2 months (for 1 car) because I dust my truck off every day...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yoskater said:
It's great huh? I love mine, and I also use my waterblade on the tonneau. 1 Filter will last me atleast 2 months (for 1 car) because I dust my truck off every day...
Also have to consider that the water here probably has more minerals and such in it ... in all I think it is worth it to keep that crap off your paint. All I need to do now is clean the darn waterspots off my windows that are already there .. anyone know something good to do it? I used Bon Ami on my last car and it worked pretty good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like this thing too although now i need a water blade for my cover, good idea. The filter says it is good for 10 uses but that must be on a metro or something.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
werd... filter works 2 or 3 times if your lucky... i think its $5 for a replacement from Target :read:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used mine even though it said to change the filter and it still dried fine, my best guess is I would use it till it starts not working, then put a new filter in .. if you keep one handy, the worst that could happen is youd have to rinse it all off again, or dry it by hand that one time.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Demo Pag
OrangeCrush said:
how does that thing work?
It screws on the hose, has a filter for the water that is replaceable. It has 3 settings on the sprayer, Soap, Rinse and Final Rinse .. and and on and off to the water supply. Also a resevoir for the soap. You are supposed to use their soap, and filters .. and it leaves your truck spot free without any drying off. Seems to work pretty good.

Demo Page

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
bcubed said:
Also have to consider that the water here probably has more minerals and such in it ... in all I think it is worth it to keep that crap off your paint. All I need to do now is clean the darn waterspots off my windows that are already there .. anyone know something good to do it? I used Bon Ami on my last car and it worked pretty good.
Yeah anybody have a good way to remove the dam water spots off my windows?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some water spots may not be removable as the minerals in the water may have etched the spots into the glass. You can try a cleaner wax, or if it is really bad try using a very fine buffing compound. Be carefull and apply it by hand.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I have had this thing for awhile now, and I am pretty satisfied. One filter lasts me about 5-6 washes, they claim ten but thats probly ten washes on a civic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Silverado said:
I have had this thing for awhile now, and I am pretty satisfied. One filter lasts me about 5-6 washes, they claim ten but thats probly ten washes on a civic.
What he said. Works great. The only thing I had to wipe was some chrome that didn't dry immediately. :cheers:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I was looking at my paint the other day and I noticed it has VERY minor swirl marks in it and since I dont use a towel to dry it I dont know what is causing this......... maybe my brush. Is anyone else experirncing this?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
99GoldSilverado said:
What he said. Works great. The only thing I had to wipe was some chrome that didn't dry immediately. :cheers:
Yeah, it didn't seem to do much for my wheels ... Up until now I have only ever cleaned my wheels with soap and water or windex ... It's about time I polish them, need to get me some mothers or something and some time to do it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
bcubed where can you get bon ami i have water spots on my windows that dont want to come off either to well if you can tell me where you found it at i would greatly appreciate it

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bagged92Chevy said:
bcubed where can you get bon ami i have water spots on my windows that dont want to come off either to well if you can tell me where you found it at i would greatly appreciate it
Bon Ami is just a powder cleaning product, like you clean your kitchen sink .. but it's not supposed to scratch at all ... don't substitute other produucts like Soft Scrub or Comet, they will scratch. I'm sure you can get it at Wal-mart or the grocery store.

Regardless, always test it out in an inconspicous place, and dont let it get on the paint, if it does rinse it off well, dont wipe it off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts