GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on who has the MTZ's and what you think of them. I'm considering them for my 2dr. Blazer, and wanted to hear some first hand opinions.

Also, I've heard they run small? Is this true??
I know all the BFG's I've had always run about an inch small mounted up on the vehicle. I have the Toyo M/T's on my HD, and have heard that alot of people like the MTZ's as well as the Toyo M/T's.

Thanks.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
on this months petersons offroad mag they tested several tires at auzzi (dont know how to spell it) cannon and the mtz was one of them they did do quite well from the reviews

personal expirence cant tell you how they preform as far as the small thing i think a 35x12.5x15 mtz is 34.4 r sumtin like that just what ever you do dont get claws:flame:

toyos r pretty sweet too

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
if they measure anything like the MTX's, I had a set of 33x12.50x15's on 15x10s on my '94 that only measured out to like 31" with 40psi

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have MTZ's on my truck and I love them. Mine are 38-15.5/r16 and they ride great. They have been great on dry and wet pavement, snow, ice and dry dirt. I have not been in the mud with these tires but I'm never in the mud.

My friend just put a set of 33" MTZ's on his 98' 2500 and he is in love with them. His 33's also ride great. They sure beat the Parnelli's that he took off.

I give them 2 thumbs up!!! I'd get them again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
is it a law or something in louisiana that if youre from there you have to hate claws with a passion?

·
hmmmm, i be damned
1,944 Posts
I have MTZ's on my truck and I love them. Mine are 38-15.5/r16 and they ride great. They have been great on dry and wet pavement, snow, ice and dry dirt. I have not been in the mud with these tires but I'm never in the mud.

My friend just put a set of 33" MTZ's on his 98' 2500 and he is in love with them. His 33's also ride great. They sure beat the Parnelli's that he took off.

I give them 2 thumbs up!!! I'd get them again in a heart beat.
:nopics:

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
is it a law or something in louisiana that if youre from there you have to hate claws with a passion?
yeah, its on their birth certificates

·
elitest hd owner
430 Posts
awesome tires. mine measure 37-13/16 new. im getting unbelieveable mileage. i have 23k on them and they are no where near half wore out. only complaint i have is they are kinda slick on wet grass.if they had 40's i would buy them again

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
My buddy has a set of 38's on his jeep. They are great tires, ride very smooth and only start to howl at 70mph on up. Very good for a mud tire, I'd put it right there with toyo mudders

·
Registered
573 Posts
i have 325/60/18 on my 2 door how and i like them. they pull hard in the mud. they hook up okay in the sand. but if you want a meaty lookin tire thats quiet then i would go with them they are a lil pricey but they are worth it i would buy them again but next time i might try toyos just to see what i like better.

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
OK...... Here you go. Should look a little different in a month or so after the SFA:head:

By-Tor, that is one nice looking body lift!:D haha. Anyways, your truck is badass! I love it. I just can't decide what to do on my daily driver right now. I'm going to lift it at least 6" and run at least 35" tires, but I'd really like to run 36/15.50R16-20 MTZs. So i may get my hands on a 7-9" lift. What are you going to do with your 6" procomp? PM me if you'd be interested in selling it. I may settle for running 35/13.50 MTZs as well. I don't know yet. I only plan to keep the truck another yr, but I need new tires, new shocks, and I need to install the cognito idler and pitman arm braces. So I figure I'll just lift my truck since I own my own custom truck shop now, BIG HOG CUSTOMS, LLC. haha. Just let me know bud!

Also, to BigBlue, I've only heard the best about the MTZs. I heard they wear, ride, and handle really well. I'm looking forward to trying a set out.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You will love the MTZ's, best big tire i have ran hands down. Like somebody else in the thread already said, they kick the crap outta the PJ's I had on before. They clean themselves out very good in the slop also. I have well over 30k on mine and have alot more left.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
my BFG mt 35s measure 33.4 with 50 psi in 'em. I'll be looking into either the toyos or the mtz's next time around.

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
You will love the MTZ's, best big tire i have ran hands down. Like somebody else in the thread already said, they kick the crap outta the PJ's I had on before. They clean themselves out very good in the slop also. I have well over 30k on mine and have alot more left.

Great news! Can you post a quick pic or two of your truck bud? I want to see the 36s w/ a 16x10. I'm not sure if I want to run 16s, 18s, 0r 20s yet. 16s would be alot cheaper! And it's just a DD. I have my show truck to go crazy with!

·
Registered
402 Posts
What are you going to do with your 6" procomp? PM me if you'd be interested in selling it. Just let me know bud!
Sending PM in a few minutes....

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here you go Mark, right after I got them put on
DCP_2576.jpg

DCP_2575.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts