GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my buddy went out mudding last nite and he came and asked me a question. someone told him that if he keeps the mud on his truck and it is sunny out that the paint will get messed up.

is this a true? and i posted it in here because it deals with mud. also will show pics. when i get the up for him

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
ok my buddy went out mudding last nite and he came and asked me a question. someone told him that if he keeps the mud on his truck and it is sunny out that the paint will get messed up.

is this a true? and i posted it in here because it deals with mud. also will show pics. when i get the up for him

I've never had a problem. I never really left a lot of mud on my truck for much more than a week thuogh.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
as long as the paint isnt fresh your good.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
your good until someone finds it amusing to write in your mud
it will scratch the paint so bad
i never leave mine muddy anymore b/c people think its cute to draw and write in it...my bed still says help me..cant get it to buff out, so i keep it dirty, but not muddy

·
2,227 Posts
your good until someone finds it amusing to write in your mud
it will scratch the paint so bad
i never leave mine muddy anymore b/c people think its cute to draw and write in it...my bed still says help me..cant get it to buff out, so i keep it dirty, but not muddy

i hated when people used to do that:guns:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
vie kept mine covered in a thick layer of mud for a week and a half. dont ask me why. it wont do anything. Its a pickup! I like to think that my truck has a personality, and when i take it mudding its having a lot of fun. When i pull up next to a clean 2wd truck i like to let my truck look over and think, what a pussy.

i should probably go ahead and quote myself

"I like to think that my truck has a personality, and when i take it mudding its having a lot of fun. When i pull up next to a clean 2wd truck i like to let my truck look over and think, what a pussy."

:think: :think: :think: :think:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
na it want hurt you.. but like Kyle said if the paint is new it can stain it.

Might depend on the mud though. Im sure some areas might have contamination with some foreign material that could damage paint. You know if the mud has alot of outside polution from man made chemicals or someting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts