GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent something like 3 hours with my buddy's pressure washer cleaning the undercarriage and whatnot on the Hoe yesterday AFTER a few car washes in the past week and got out tons of mud. I had to shovel all of it off the driveway!
My friend told me people spray baby lotion on their frames and undercarriage and the mud just rinses right off real easy. Anybody ever tried that? What are some other good ways?

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
put one of those sprinklers that goes back and forth under you truck.

or just don't do mud anymore. its boring.

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
Dont go in the mud. Once you do it tho, its there and its not coming back off. You think its all gone, but its still EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Get some mudd-off. I use it on my race car every week. Makes cleaning it alot easier. Not easy but easier. You just mix it up 12 parts water and 1 part mudd off. Baby oil also works pretty well. I just don't use it because the dust sticks to it and it makes working on the car messy, two things that wouldn't matter for what your gonna use it for.

M

·
0 Posts
I used to hit the coin wash every time on the way home. That rinser setting blasts most anything away. $5-10 and 20 min...wouldn't have to worry about much mud falling off in the driveway at all.

·
2,325 Posts
Give your undercarriage a nice coat with WD-40 beforehand. I used to coat my quad down with it before taking it out. It worked good for me.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Pressure washer and go to town. Yeah thats the price you pay for muddin! Imagine the big boys ride that go rocker panel deep and dig out the slush.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
i have mud in places on my tahoe that you couldnt even think of.....

you will grow not to care about it...

M

·
0 Posts
I figure if I let the mud stay in certain places long enough, those places will eventually rust through and no longer hold mud. I'm no scientist. I'm just letting evolution take its course. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I figure if I let the mud stay in certain places long enough, those places will eventually rust through and no longer hold mud. I'm no scientist. I'm just letting evolution take its course. :D
or it may just start coming up into the drivers seat with you after those places rust through :jester:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
summers comin up just go to those car washes that cheerleaders and softball players put on. just dont let them dry it

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
Dont go in the mud. Once you do it tho, its there and its not coming back off. You think its all gone, but its still EVERYWHERE.
because having a lifted truck and MTs thats does nothing but street driving is just soooooo cool! JFWY

Get used to it. I still have some mud caked in places. Invest in a pressure washer and an afternoon. EVen still you dont get all of it.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
the other day i discovered in my frame rail, a small bit of vegitation growing from duhons 07,
sprinklers the best way to get everything but, if u wanna mud its the price u pay

·
broke,..me, not the truck
156 Posts
I haven't gotten frame deep yet, but i got one of those disposable powerwashers from walmart, I think it is black and decker, it works pretty well so far.......

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
because having a lifted truck and MTs thats does nothing but street driving is just soooooo cool! JFWY

Get used to it. I still have some mud caked in places. Invest in a pressure washer and an afternoon. EVen still you dont get all of it.
there's a whole lot more to wheelin than just mud. Trails and rocks are 100x more fun. Stuff that actually requires finesse instead of just pressing the skinny pedal down really hard.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I just stay out of the mud. It's not worth it to me to trash my truck.:imo

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
there's a whole lot more to wheelin than just mud. Trails and rocks are 100x more fun. Stuff that actually requires finesse instead of just pressing the skinny pedal down really hard.
I live in FL... its flat here. lol Theres only mud. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts