GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy mud terrians and was wondering what brands are cheap but still good and worth buying, help please

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Cheap and good usually don't go together.. I love cooper stt and I think grant feels the same way.. They are alittle pricey but about the same as any other m/t and the ride good and are quiet

·
meow
15,748 Posts
285's on onlinetire are $888 I believe on that sight. Not bad. KM2 and Toyo's (the two other best all around MT) are going to be more pricey I'd imagine.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Toyo and bfg are too proud of their tires.. I would like a set of km2s but I'm not giving like 1100 for 285s before mounting. I will stick with my coopers unless I can get a bargain on some km2s

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
i have nothing but praise for my STT's...agreed on Toyo and BFG, way overpriced even though they do sell a good tire

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
I just baught new 32x11.50-R15 KM2's yesterday for $700 installed and balanced and all out the door

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
STT's are teh noice. But I will probably go for some Toyo's because of the 10 ply rating.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
I dont know how many tires I looked at before I made my choice. But I had changed my mind at the last minute and got the Maxxis Bighorn MT's in a 33x12.50.

So far they are great. Got a few hundred miles on them. They did great on some rock and mud. Cleaned out great. And do good in heavy rain. Noise is getting louder. But that's to be exspected.

For the price I got them for. I couldn't pass them up.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
STT's are teh noice. But I will probably go for some Toyo's because of the 10 ply rating.
:ninja:

KM2s are rated for more weight and perform better and are still 10-ply.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
I still don't see how that tread pattern performs better. It seems to me like they'd have a harder time cleaning out similar to mud grapplers.
You saw it with your own eyes in January. :shrug: They work, very well. I don't design them, only beat on them.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts

I know that in the last generation BFG KM, the small raised tread bars between the lugs kept the the mud from creating a suction. The Nittos don't have that. The Nittos also have straight edges rather then the slight/flat V cut edges of the KM2. Its the little things that make all the difference between a "cool looking" tire, and a tire that "simply performs".

1 - 20 of 44 Posts