GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am currently running a Magnaflow catback setup on my truck. It has the 5.7L duel in and single 3inch out. My question is about those new Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers.

Is anyone with my engine running one ?? also does anyone have any idea what kind of sound ill get from it ?? Louder/Deeper then the Magnaflow or probelly stay the same.

Thanks

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
im curious about this too...they dont have any soundclips or anything on there website yet..

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Any reason this is in the Offroad folder?

·
Registered
162 Posts
keep the magnaflow, it will outperform the Flowmaster any day of the week :imo
Werd :imo Flowmaster mufflers are made for sound. The other guys (Magnaflow, Corsa, Gibson, etc..) actually spend thousands of hours in R&D testing mufflers and more importantly full exhaust kits for the foremost reason of producing power with a side effect being better sound. A full catback kit from one of those big few companies will outperform a Flowmaster anyday. To be precise, buy the Flowmaster muffler for sound (and have your local 2 bit shop weld it up for you). You will save some money and can say you have the loudest truck around. Buy one of the others if you want the best money can buy and actually want to get some HP gains out of it.

Oh yeah, I say keep the current setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts