GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this has been done alot but havent found much info so here I go. What I have is a GMC 2500HD 6.0. I am wanting to replace just the stock muffer. If anyone has done this how did it sound also. I am needing the dimsions of the new muffler inlet and outlet diamater and and the offset setup. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I currently am running a dynomax "x pipe" exhaust and i love it. Great sound with excellent back pressure for a great torque curve. 2500 hd's run a dual 3 inch in/ dual 3 inch out to a y collector out to the exhaust tip.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thaks for the info. So are ya running the stock tailpipe and or did ya do a dual exhaust setup.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You'll pick up a ton of midrange grunt with a single exhaust.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I want. Just orderd a tune for it today should be here Fri now. What do you recoment on the exhaust Eric know your the man on performacne lol.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
lol - depends if you stay duals or go single. Duals I'd run a dual 3" in, single 4" out. Single, 3" in and 3" out or 2.5" out for dual pipes.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
on my 1500HD im 3in in and 5in out

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks for your imput. Still looking around to find the setups you all have here on the net.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
here is a sound clip for you I will try to do some drive buys later today
th_2006gmcflowmaster.gif

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey man thanks for the link. Yea that does sound good somewhat of the line I am looking for.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Hey man thanks for the link. Yea that does sound good somewhat of the line I am looking for.
I spent about 150 installed with the dump no problems flowmaster is the only muffler i have ever used mut there are many good and better mufflers out there i just like them because there is nuthing to blow out I have had the same flowmaster on my 1994 for 9yrs and no problemsand no leaks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts