GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this may sound strange but my current muffler is too loud for me at rpms higher then 2200. Its a Corsa. Anyone know of quiet mufflers with good flow?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody have any ideas? I am curious as well. My 6.0 is getting close to being done and I want a nice sound without being obnoxiously loud. Thanks for the help.

Greg

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Are you catless? That's the only time I have heard people complain about the Corsa being too loud.

You can weld a resonator inline with the muffler to take the rasp out if it sounds too raspy for you. I used a Mangaflow resonator and it helped a lot.

Or just put a turbo in the exhaust somewhere. That quiets things down a lot too :)

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Gibson side swept, or just the muffler, but theres no drone and a nice rumble when you're really getting on it....

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Which Corsa do you have, the Touring or the Sport? My Touring is dead quiet at cruise, I've never heard anybody else complain about them being too loud :think:

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
my brothers corsa sport is quiet at cruising/idle and it has a turn-down welded on it...hard to believe that its too loud for ya..best of luck finding something to suit your needs b/c i know these sytems arent very loud at all.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
my flowmaster is nice and throaty but now overly loud.
it sounds good. i like it alot.
it does have SOME drone to it...but not much...definitely not enough to make a fuss over.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a corsa sport. I just got the muffler cut off and put a magnaflow in. Apples and oranges with the volume. With the corsa it sounded great but the volume was too high for me. Now with the magnaflow it sounds good and i would say 3 times as quiet. Only reason i switched was i let my brother drive my truck and he drove next to me for about 10 minutes. I was geting my ear blasted off. I got this magnaflow the stainless 22"/28". I do somewhat miss the very agressive sound from the corsa but at 2500 rpms - wot it got nutz for my tastes.

offcenter.gif

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish i knew what muffler was on my truck...its loud a shit though...raspy...i like the way it sounds though...slightly quieter than open header, runs into a y pipe and then muffler then duals after muffler into dual 4inch tips on both sides(dual duals lol) gets old driving down the highway after a while but it loudest 1500-2000 rpm so you drive like 85-90 and you out of that range...
Hunter

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
i got a flowmaster 40 that i just took off to run straight 3.5inch it's a 3" in duel 2.5's Out pay for shipping and it's yours

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a gibson stainless steel 3in in 3in out that i would trade. It is too quiet for me. It is deeper and a little louder than stock, but id like more volume.

pm if you want to trade!!

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
i have duel flowmaster 40s and they not loud enough, i am prolly gunna run straits with resignator cones in the future, i want it to be loud as hell but dont pop like normal straits

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
mines loud and does not pop at all i have 3.5 off the factory y to right up to the bed and no muffler or dump sounds like strights but no popin

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have gutted cats and FM 50 SUV with tails exiting under the bumper. It's quite loud out the back but nice in the cab. Much better than the Delta 40 I had before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts