GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
switch my exhaust to a hooker areochamber anyone run these i have no cats my dudes ss camaro has one on it and its sounds sick with no cats. anyone have ne dislikes about them im asking u becuase u guys respond unlike FSC they suck anymore owell hope someone could help im thinkin either that a pypes violator or a magnaflow 14 4x9 all muffers a single 3in single 3in out

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Hooker aerochamber :imo I have one with long tubes and it sounds :boobs:

Sounded good with cats too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice i want longs tubes badly rite now i got jba's and a ORY so im stuck for the moment with that im kinda stuck between the magnaflow and the hooker i hate this its so trial and error owell its getting done fri so we shall see

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
I heard a 5.3 the other day with gutted cats and a Cherry Bomb dumped at the axle, sounded tits.

I've got an 18" maganflow dumped before the axle, and it's relatively quiet under normal driving, but screams pretty good when I get on it. I'm sure it'll sound better when I get my LTs and ory on.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
magnaflow and no cats will be raspy as fuck
bumping this old thread. have you have a magnaflow and no cats? i know i'm gonna have rasp with the no cats but i wanna try to get the less rasp as possible and i doubt i'll have room for a bullet in front of my magna. i'm running the 14" magna. i've also been looking at the hooker and for shits and giggles the violator. my buddy had the violators on his 4.6 mustang with no cats. it was fucking retarded loud.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I had it on my old truck but that was with stock manifolds. It was pretty raspy. Long tubes might be different tho.

My hooker sounds perfect. It's loud but not raspy at all. This is with the window open
th_IMGP2790.jpg

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
... my buddy had the violators on his 4.6 mustang with no cats. it was fucking retarded loud.

IMO, it's a bit of a stretch to even call Violators a "muffler". They do change the tone of the exhaust, but IMO, don't do much of anything to reduce the volume.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I love Hookers. Dead, alive, or mufflers.

or like this

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Personally I don't like my hooker aerochamber with no cats and long tubes. It sounds awesome at WOT, but I still can't get over the rasp between 2400-3000 or so.

I'm thinking of putting the stock muffler back on and installing my e-cutout right before it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The rasp doesn't bother me in that area. :shrug:

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Personally I don't like my hooker aerochamber with no cats and long tubes. It sounds awesome at WOT, but I still can't get over the rasp between 2400-3000 or so.

I'm thinking of putting the stock muffler back on and installing my e-cutout right before it.
24" body magnaflow should quiet it up and keep the performance aspect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts