GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but had a hard time getting results so I apologize if this has been asked already. I would like to know if I can stream Pandora radio or other internet radio streams through my smartphone to a headunit using bluetooth? If I can't use bluetooth is there another way to connect the two devices?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you need to look for a radio with the AD2P profile like the Kenwood BT901. This year most of the radios dropped it off their units. This way the radios could get music and be controlled by the radio (barely), but with a headphone jack you usually get better sound

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By headphone jack do you mean running a patch cable from the phones headphone jack to an aux input on the head unit?

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts
By headphone jack do you mean running a patch cable from the phones headphone jack to an aux input on the head unit?
This would be the easiest way...

·
In Work
120 Posts
Well on my new JVC AVX840 it definetly does it from Pandora, iHeart via bluetooth, and supposedly the phone is clear too according to the people I have spoke to. The only think I am getting frustrated with is the glitch in the video system that seems to be working correctly now. It might have somtehing to do with the bypass that I have installed though. I respliced a bunch of wires tonight so we will see if it may have been a pinched wire or something like that. Thought if watching video via your iphone is not something you want to do I would definetly recommend it. 19.99 a year for constantly updated GPS is also a great deal in my book as well.

·
4,376 Posts
Who said anything about an iPhone?

·
4,376 Posts
Yes, but you said it if as he owned one... he never said it was an iPhone.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Isn't it a smartphone?
Smartphone does not = iPhone. iPhone's are actually pretty dumb in terms of "smartphones". There are different phones that can do things that other phones can't do so even using "smartphone" is vague.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, the phone I have is an HTC incredible if that helps and ends any arguments.:)

·
4,376 Posts
Maybe try CarUI or Super BT Mono... Both of those can redirect audio to your mono BT headset or hands-free stereo headset. Maybe you can make it work with your head unit? I wouldn't know tho, as I don't have a Bluetooth head unit.

Super BT Mono works pretty decently with my Bluetooth headset tho...

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, the phone I have is an HTC incredible if that helps and ends any arguments.:)
Sound quality wise, I say wired input from the headphone output on the phone. It will be far superior to bluetooth.

·
4,376 Posts
Sound quality wise, I say wired input from the headphone output on the phone. It will be far superior to bluetooth.
No doubt, that's how I run my DX. Just suggested that, as he was looking for wireless options...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts