GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'04 HD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to get the Pro-Comp lift for my HD. But now I can't decide between the shock options. I am not planning on alot of offroading, but I also am not looking for a supersoft cushy ride. It is a 3/4 ton and I expect to feel some road bumps. But an adjustable shock that can do it all sounds nice too. They are rougly the same price(rezzes are $50 more). So any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
why are you going with procomp shocks, you do have other options. If you want external resivoirs there are many options suck as king, sway-away, fox, bilstein, etc. If I were in your situation I would just use bilstein 5150s with no res.

But since you have your mind stuck on procomp I would try out the new ones with the res and tell the rest of us how they are

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
actually, i know a guy with the procomp ressies (got a test set) and he loves them, he claims they are as good if not better than his old 7100s. Now this is one persons experiance that I have heard but it sounds like a good one.

Ressie shocks are essentially to help with heat dissipation. They hold more fluid and nitrogen to help dissipate the heat faster when used in high speed applications. Do you need them? No, but they do look cool - why most people have them.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
They do look cool...and if u can get them for a good deal like stephen did, might as well get them.

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
...................Ressie shocks are essentially to help with heat dissipation. They hold more fluid and nitrogen to help dissipate the heat faster when used in high speed applications. Do you need them? No, but they do look cool - why most people have them.
I agree.

Monotube shocks dissapate heat better than twin or triple tube anyways. Both of those are montubes while the other procomp shocks arent.

If your set on procomp shocks and if your not doing a lot of high speed wheeling than I would say the MX6's so you can find the ride you like and (as Ron Popiel says) "set it and forget it!"

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
BTW I forgot to mention the new procomp ressies are adjustable just like the MX-6 :rocking:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.