GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe I've had this a year and haven't started a thread for it, so here it goes.

Bought it like this 2/14

Leveling keys:

Picked up some used 285/75 Nitto TG's

Then added tint, 20% over factory 20% and 40% shield:

Added 1" rear coil spacers, new 285/70 Cooper STT's, and 1.75" wheel spacers. Also have cleared parking lights and DEPO heads, and tinted tails.

Stereo consists of Pioneer DD and 4 Phoenix Gold 10's powered by an old school PG amp.

IMG_20140317_163807_zpseqy02qfn.jpg

IMG_20140305_165504_zpsbazqvo8f.jpg

Also is tuned and has remote start. Think that's it lol

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@wickedmayhem

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Niceeeee. I like the height. So how much higher does a z71 sit then a 2wd? I see people with 2wd's are running z71 coils for some rear lift. With as cheap as 3" spindles are, thinking of 3/1 lift lol. She just wants leveled ish

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Niceeeee. I like the height. So how much higher does a z71 sit then a 2wd? I see people with 2wd's are running z71 coils for some rear lift. With as cheap as 3" spindles are, thinking of 3/1 lift lol. She just wants leveled ish
Sits the same as a normal 4wd, just upgraded shocks.

And a better pic of the tails for ya buddy

Tahoe by Bryant Miller, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
z71 coil springs are about .5" to .75" taller and i think they have a stiffer spring rate. i swapped em into my tahoe and i'm meh about em.

nice tahoe but i'm really not a fan of cranked tahoes with the factory positive offset wheels. looks like little baby t-rex arms. but i can understand you just got the thing.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i'm really not a fan of cranked tahoes with the factory positive offset wheels. looks like little baby t-rex arms.
His spacers fixed that but I get where you're coming from. 9 inch wheels help but he wanted to keep the snow flakes.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Tails look good

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Did you put the tint on the outside of the window?? Or were you just cleaning in that pic

Either way, looks good and makes me miss my hoe

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice tahoe but i'm really not a fan of cranked tahoes with the factory positive offset wheels. looks like little baby t-rex arms. but i can understand you just got the thing.
His spacers fixed that but I get where you're coming from. 9 inch wheels help but he wanted to keep the snow flakes.
Yep. The fucks I give are pretty slim to none. I think it looks perfect as in :high5:

Tint is laid on the outside of the window to cut out the shape, then transferred to the inside of the glass! :happy107:
I can't believe that was a serious question :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Looks great man. I love the z71 tahoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Bryant, I'm debating on 285/75/17, 285/70/17, and 295/70/17 tires. Did your truck feel more bogged down with the 285/70/17 Cooper Mud Terrain compared the 285/75/17 Terra Grappler All Terrains?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
[MENTION=10781]Grohe[/MENTION] Dont be gay and go for 305/70s - I did!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts