GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
02chevy said:
when u bag it, u better put pics up asap,its gonna lay frame right?

yea im getting lo-pro crossmember's and relocating gas tank so it will lay all of the frame (wish it was body)

02chevy said:
i forgot to tell you,those are a beautiful set of wheels
thanks, i didnt know about those dimples but after having them for a while i think they add alot to the design and really dont look like those fake "buttons" you see alot of now days

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brock said:
what about y-pipe?
that too, basically anything that gets in the way of the frame laying completely on the ground is going to be removed or relocated.

I guess i should have included my plans...
custom 4-link w/ a canti attachment
new custom made inner fenders/firewall notched/ everything relocated that was on the fenders.
2 nitrogen bottles w/backup tank and compresser or engine driven comp (still researching)
1/2 inch copper line w/ (8) GC vavles
2" belltech spindles (i know about these but that what the shop wants to use and have talked to people so im cool with them)
and one voided powertrain warrenty :evillol:

should be ready for lowdown showdown in noble ok june 18th and maybe a few minor things done before heatwave

·
Registered
559 Posts
u gonna put the tank in the bed,thats what i did,u ok with dirtying up that brand new engine,cuz ur gonna have to cut out those fenders and if u dont rcover them that engine is gonna be a dirty mess

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
02chevy said:
did they say if ur gonna have to narrow ur axle
nope i bought the right offset 7.5" so it should tuck perfect but i might roll the fender lip in the back for more clearance for throwing sides since with a parrell 4-link your suppose to get some axle movement from s2s

although they said it would be around $500 more if they had to shortin the axle and i guess they send that out to a machine shop to have it done

btw your truck looks clean and lays nice, those are also one of the very few chrome rims i was considering but didnt want to shortin the axle for 22's

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
ur shits gonna look tite bagged... what are ur plans for up front? Cut the inner fenders out? Make some tubs?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k1slvrdo said:
ur shits gonna look tite bagged... what are ur plans for up front? Cut the inner fenders out? Make some tubs?
custom made tubs (not those trailer fenders)

thanks for all the postive comments it helps keep me motivated to get it finished faster :worship:

·
Registered
785 Posts
nice truck man should look bad as hell when you get it bagged, wish I had some rims for my 03, keep up the good work man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts