GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm some what new to GMFS. I created an account a while back but never logged on... I've spent alot of time in the forums of fullsizechevy.com and now I've like to see what GMFS has to offer. Here is my 2004 Silverado, base model work truck. I was lucky to get cruise control, A/C & 4L60E.

Lowered 2"/4" by Ground Force coils, hangers & shackles. '06 black air damn & Z71 air damn skirt. Removed ambers in front lenses. Tinted windows 5% rear & 35% sides. 5 spoke rims & 265/70-17s from a suburban.

Street Scene speed grill, home made grills in air dam. Street Scene Cal-Vu side mirrors. Bully polished aluminum grill bowtie & fuel door

Relocated & shaved tailgate handle, Summit fiberglass roll pan

R&D white guage face overlay, Alpine IVA-W200 w/ Perpheral PTR-7. Playstation 2 and a back up camera mounted in tail lens.

4.3L v6- K&N F.I.P.K. MSD 6a, Accel coil, MSD 8.5mm wire set, March underdrive pulleys, Flex-a-lite electric fans, Airaid TB spacer, Throttle diverter plate mod, HPPIII, converted stud mount 1.6 roller rockers & Edelbrock valve covers.

Exhaust- 3" mandrel bent pipe, Dynomax Super Turbo, StylinConcepts exhaust tip thru the side of the bed. Custom cut rolled exhaust tips in the stylinconcepts tip. Propane exhaust flame thrower.

The added toggles in the blanks of the dash control a few added extras. The red LED toggle is the armed/propane on switch for the exhaust flame thrower, the red push button fires the spark plug in the exhaust tip. The blue LED toggle is the on/off for the driving lights in the airdam.

Motive Performance 4.10-1 rear gears, Trans-dapt polished aluminum diff cover.

Aimco drilled & sloted rotors. Painted stock calipers.

Re-wired the front end lighting. Removed DRL relay, and wired the parking lights into the aftermarket driving lights in the air dam. Each headlight housing has 2 red LEDs that are controled by the Viper alarm system, they light when the alarm is armed and also when the truck is remote started.

Thanks for viewing pics of my truck! Cheers ~Mykk

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
wow, you done alot of work on that truck. Looks great, and I bet it sounds pretty good too.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
i like your exh set up i said wtf before i finshed reading lol. i would love to do that front end on my truck looks good man

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, here are a few pics of my weekend projects.

[/IMG]
newheelsback.jpg

My 1936 Chevy pickup. 353ci small block chevy (.020" over 350) Aluminum corvette L98 heads. Hyperuetectic aluminum 9.5-1 pistons w/ 4 valve releif. (over 10-1 compression with those heads) Summit 1105 cam, lift .465"int/.488"exh, 224/234 duration,114 lobe seperation (with 1.5 rockers) aluminum 1.6 ratio roller rockers, edelbrock RPM airgap manifold & edelbrock performer 750cfm carb. TH-350 with 3500 stall converter and B&M stage II shift kit. 1957 clutches-posi rear with modest 3.08 gears. Modified patriot roadster headers, 8 individual open pipes.

my 1969 Chevy C10 longbed fleetside. Big block 454ci, Edelbrock tunnel ram manifold, dual Edelbrock performer 500cfm carbs. NOS wet nitrous plate under each carb. full roller valve train, don't remember the specs but the lift & duration is big. TH-400, 3500 stall converter. Detroit locker with 4.11's in the rear. Purple horney glass packs bolted directly to the 3" collectors on the big block long tube headers. Full Autometer Phantom series guages, racing buckets w/ 5 point harnesses for both driver and passenger. Hurst Pistol grip floor shifter.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Displacement: 4300cc
Assembly Site: Romulus, Michigan
Configuration: Overhead Valves (2 valves per cylinder).
Horsepower: 195 @ 4600 rpm
Torque: 260 lb-ft @ 2800 rpm

So lets guess that I've added maybe 30 HP onto the LU3 from simple bolt on's... Underdrive Pulleys, larger exhaust, K&N FIPK, MSD ignition, March underdrive pulleys, 1.6 rockers...so guessing 225hp/ 290tq

It's estimated that there is a 15%-20% loss of HP through drivtrain....I'm going to use 15% as my marker because I ditched the 3.42 rear gears for 4.10's plus the help of slowing down my engine driven accesories with underdrive pulleys.... So maybe 191 RWHP/ 246 RWTQ :shrug:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
How many miles is on the motor? I wish I could do all of that without risking the motor giving out on me @ 210k+
Nice truck.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
How many miles is on the motor? I wish I could do all of that without risking the motor giving out on me @ 210k+
Nice truck.
engine mods will make it last longer by making it more effiecent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts