GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be where i keep all the photos and info for my truck. I'll have pictures up soon. Just joined the site!

Please keep in mind that I realise to some people this is not the perfect platform to work with but, 1.it's paid for 2. it's all I have. 3. it's only got 62k miles. 4. it's mine.

**as of now**
2008 1500 LT Silverado 4wd
Crew Cab Short Box
Black with Line-X on the lower portion.
Mcgaughy's 7-9" lift kit
1.5" fabtech AAL's
1.5" Zone body lift
37x13.50x22 AMP tires
22x10 Helo rims with -24 offset and 4.25 backspacing
1.5" rear wheel spacers
4-4" led driving lights---((making the brackets now))
all led interior, led projector reverse lights, led underbody lights for the steps

**In Process**
4.88 gears
Side steps
Dual cat back exhaust
Black Bear tune
50" led light bar
Carbon fiber wrapped interior
fender flares
Projector headlights
led tailights
new grille
intake
custom fabbed bumpers
bed liner
Toolbox
New Stereo

Thanks in advance to any and all help I can get with my pride and joy so far!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Good lookin truck... How's it ride,
?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not bad really...little stiffer than stock but, that's to be expected.

·
2002 ECSB 4x4
104 Posts
I like the wheels. Its good seeing a set of wheels that arent very common.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! That's exactly what I was goin for when i got 'em. I originally had a set of Ultra Motorsports Goliath 22x9.5's on it but, I slapped a curb in the snow and according to all the wheel repair shops I went to they couldn't fix it the way it was bent so I ended up with these for under 1k

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Working on getting fog lights mounted and wired up now.

No the axles are not in at the moment. Ripped a boot

c3dd4f5e-2f28-4e78-b122-c6c0788faef4_zpsc9afc8a5.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
CM the front grille and valence:crazy: And I would stagger those pods a little less if you could. Just my opinion

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i gotta get them adjusted a little but, they're just thrown up there to get an overall fitment. The grille is gonna get replaced eventually

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well......got the mounts made for the new fogs, just gotta wire 'em up. Noticed there is an OEM relay in the fuse panel installed for foglights even though my truck didn't come with them. I know there is an open plug in the dash for a factory switch (LH side?) i just got to do a little research to see where the harness leads are in the factory harness. If I can make that work then it'll save me from having to build a harness.

I did, however, get an email back from Ron over at Rons Machining Services letting me know he can set me up with 4.88 gears for around $450.....That's for US Standard Gear but, should suffice with proper lash, preload and pinion depth.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you want a stockish feel 4.88 works. But go bigger with like a 5.13. You have a big enough tire for it. I mean I only have a 33 and am running 4.88s. The extra gear makes it nice and jumpy when you dance on the loud pedal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was considering running a taller gear. I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Stock is fine with me but, I didn't throw Meats on for nothin.....She's gonna find a slop hole sooner than later and I don't plan on crawlin through it

1 - 20 of 44 Posts