GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my father in laws truck. He told me to find him a lift but still fit under the toy hauler.

So i went with a
6.5" FTS Full drop kit
Hiem Steering
Tubular upper control arms w/ uni balls
Front shock hoops
8 chrome fox shocks (bling bling)
rear axle dual shock kit
idler arm support brace

We are going to go with 33x11.5x17 toyo MT's.

Just got the kit today from FTS. Taking it to the powdercoater tomorrow and we are going to put it on next weekend. I'll take a lot of pics. Here's the pics i took today.

Dually stock with wheel's tires

FTS kit
[/URL]
[/img]

Chrome fox shocks

Upper control arm

Here's the tires. 33x12.5x17 mickey thompson MTZ.

Front End apart

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Nice, how much do they credit you for not powder coating it.

Going to look pretty sick, Should do some helper bags while your doing all this if he tows alot.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Going to look pretty sick, Should do some helper bags while your doing all this if he tows alot.
I don't know? They don't have many kits that are raw. The lift was like 1300.

We are going to put slam bags in the rear.
should be sick when its all said and done, what color are you powdercoating everything?
Not sure yet, going to be a candy though. Either red, green, orange, blue, yellow. He wants something bright.

·
Must be lost..
1,148 Posts
^that would look sick

·
greyZ71
980 Posts
Gonna look tits :boobs:

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
IIRC FTS switched their 6.5" Kit to knuckle, so this must be a used/out of production kit no?

PC it a color that could/might help tie it in to the trailer he wants to tow.
:word:

Gonna look sweet even though I hate duallys. Whats he going to run for wheels/tires?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
should look sweet! im interested in seeing the rear dual shock setup. dont you think 33s will look small? im running 285/75/17 toyo muds on my lmm dually with just a 2" crank. id go with some 35s atleast.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Finally a lifted NNBS dually on this site. The only one I have seen is the one they did on Extreme 4x4.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IIRC FTS switched their 6.5" Kit to knuckle, so this must be a used/out of production kit no?

:word:

Gonna look sweet even though I hate duallys. Whats he going to run for wheels/tires?
They have both still. Frank is pushing the spindle lift though. We got this so the front shocks will be a little longer instead of the real short shocks. And i like how the full drop looks compared to the spindle.

Planning on running the 295/70/17 toyo's. 33x11.5x17

should look sweet! im interested in seeing the rear dual shock setup. dont you think 33s will look small? im running 285/75/17 toyo muds on my lmm dually with just a 2" crank. id go with some 35s atleast.
We got the same kit as dizzle has. It's the weld on shock mounts to the axle and crossmember that goes on the top in the frame rails. 35's will probably be too big. We are from cen cal, we like small tires. Plus we don't know if it will fit under the toy hauler. We already have a 3" block w/ the kit, and if the tires are 4" bigger that is going to raise it another 2".

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Nice! But when did you get married?? I thought she was just the gf :shrug: :D:D

1 - 20 of 162 Posts