GMC Truck Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Some dude on the internet
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
August 2018

Time to get everything buttoned up.

Picked up this K47 air box from a 6.5 TD in the yard for a couple bucks. It'll sit in the stock location and draw air from the fender. Just need to modify the intake horn a bit.

I got the later style coolant reservoir that is much smaller that fits behind the air box. For intake tubing, I had a cheap ebay cold air kit for my old GMT800 truck laying around and used the pipe and elbows to connect it all. Drilled and tapped a barb near the TB for the breather (not shown). Got everything else all pretty much where it needs to be at this point. Also used an ICT Billet AC bracket and new Sanden style compressor. Snagged a super clean gen 4 engine cover to clean it all up:

Shoved a couple used bullet mufflers in the headers and let it run for a bit. Pretty happy with how it's going so far:

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
August 2018

Got a couple AC hoses built and went through the whole system: Condenser and orifice tube, accumulator, new compressor, evaporator was replaced a few years ago, so good there.

Also installed an aux fan

At this point, officially everything in the truck works - AC, factory stereo, all power windows and locks, factory gauges, and cruise control.

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Drove it for a while as is, then upgraded to the XJ steering shaft and threw new lenses on it all around. This was all around May 2019.

Only one I could find of the Jeep shaft:

New vs old tails:

Heads and parks

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
April 2020, covid fun

QSA 4" spindles and 2" blocks. Drilled and slotted rotors with Police Tahoe calipers, steel lines. Did QA1 drop in coilovers a couple years ago, but didn't have pics of the install so here they are.

New rear 4+1 pack, 5100's and frame paint.

15x8 Torq Thrust 2's, 32x11.5 Wildpeaks

Lastly, Blue Top gear

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
That's pretty much it to current date. I'm not done fucking with it, but at this point I'm not sure what direction I want to take with it just yet. Here is is as of recent. I've put about 4k miles on it since the swap with zero issues. Averaging about 13-14 mpg with 3.08 gears, which will be among future updates as well.

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Alright I got major ADD and want to change things, but can't decide. Should I ditch the 2wd lift and go low skreet trok, or go full retard and SAS? Nothing is really off the table, but I can't make up my mind.

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Yeah, one of my top options was a 4/7 or 5/7 and run 255/55/18's with torq thrusts. Pretty solid combo. I have my Dana 60 and deezol fix with my F250, so I'm leaning slightly toward low for the 400.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Low and stock looking except the wheels and tires. Then put it under pressure.

Reactions: JLGMT82

·
OG
184 Posts
Man hell yea. This was awesome to read thru. I have a 93 4 door 3500 single wheel that I recently acquired I want to do same shit to. Upgrade but keep her clean and drive the piss out of.

·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
So I’m thinking starting off with a basic setup with drop spindles and flip/notch. I have coil overs up front already, so I can go down almost as far as I want. Thinking 6 or 7 in the rear. Ultimately I’d like to upgrade to the rear React with Aldan coils. Shit looks money.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts