GMC Truck Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

Quick Snapchat pic from a couple days ago.. finally starting to mess with it again. The top end is making some racket now so I guess it’s getting about time to tear it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,881 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot about this truck. Was one of my favorites when you frequented the site.

Reactions: Big Country z71

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Ah yes, I forgot about this truck. Was one of my favorites when you frequented the site.

Yeah honestly I’ve neglected the truck about as much as I have this site lol think I’m gonna find me a decent short block and put me a cam in it here in the near future. I polished on the wheels yesterday and today but I can’t get em how I want em ole dude up the road charging $60 a wheel is sounding better by the day lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Well I blew my 5.3 up a week ago. Haven’t tore it apart to see what happened but I believe I dropped a valve. Gonna pick up a low mileage LS3 next week and drop the transmission off to get built (it’s fine right now but no sense in even putting it behind that ls3 imo)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Post the progress when you start the swap.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Post the progress when you start the swap.
Sure thing. I already have the harness extenders the lingenfelter box and a set of kooks 1 3/4 headers haven’t really made up my mind on what I’m gonna do as far as a cam goes yet so we’ll see

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #152

Transmission and transfer case came out today. Transmission man is building one of his cores so I’m waiting on him and the torque converter. Probably pulling the motor next weekend.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts